Sweet and spicy dried red chili chutney
I love condiments and chutneys as much as I love vegetables in my meal, I always stock some seasonal pickle and chutneys in my kitchen. Along with the regular green chutney and tamarind chutney I often make different fruit chutneys and pickles like –Kiwi mint chutney, Pineapple chutney , Orange pickle , Grape pickle , Fruit and nut chutney and many more varieties.
I love spicy food so want to make my own sweet chili chutney as the store brought ones have garlic and i don’t consume garlic so when I saw this sweet chili chutney in a t.v show I note the recipe and immediately tried it and since then this is my favorite chutney ,so when I made it again last week I thought to share it here .
This sweet chili chutney is very popular dip of Thai and Chinese cuisine and goes very well with any fried snack and rice preparations.
Do try this sweet chili chutney and you all will surely love it. it can be served as a dip with any fried snack, with rice ,as a side dish with your meal , great as a sandwich spread too
Sweet Chili Chutney
- 30 Kashmiri Chilli Powder dried
- 1/2 cup Sugar / Chini
- 1 cup White Vinegar / Sirka
- 1 tbsp Ginger / Adrak Grated
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera pounded
- 1 tbsp Cooking Oil
- To taste Salt / Namak
- Remove the seeds from the red chilies.(optional)
- Make small pieces of red chili and soak them in vinegar for about 2 hours and then grind to make a fine paste
- In a pan add 1/3 cup water and 1/2 cup sugar and cook till sugar melts.
- Now add the ground chili paste,salt,3 tbsp of water and cook for few minutes
- In a pan heat the oil and add 1 tbsp of grated ginger and saute
- Now add 1 tsp of pounded cumin and stir
- Add this to the chili mixture.
- Now add 3 tbsp of water in it and simmer till it thickens like a sauce.
- Store in a glass jar when it cool down completely