Pineapple and Red Pepper Chutney- A tangy and delicious fresh pineapple and red pepper chutney
Pineapple and pepper chutney is a very easy and versatile dip. It can be served with Indian dishes like rice,roti and also goes well with continental dishes. You can serve it with chips,Nachos ,sandwiches OR as a spread on bread or toast.
You can use fresh or tinned pineapple to make this chutney. Red bell pepper/ capsicum is added to give a nice taste and colour . In case you don’t have red pepper then use some soaked kashmiri chilies to make this.
Do Try these delicious fruity recipes-
Pineapple and Red Pepper Chutney
- 400 gms Pineapple chopped
- 1 Red Capsicum chopped
- 3.5 tbsp Lemon Juice / Nimbu Ka Ras
- 1/2 inch Cinnamon/ Daalchini
- 2 tbsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 2.5 cup Sugar / Chini
- To Taste Salt / Namak
- Chop pineapple and bell peppers in small pieces.
- Coarsely grind pineapple and bell pepper separately.
- In a heavy bottom pan,add crushed pineapple,bell peppers and cinnamon stick and boil for 2 minutes on medium heat.
- Now add sugar,salt,lemon juice, chili flakes and simmer for 8-10 minutes or till it reaches the consistency of a sauce.
- Store in a glass bottle when it cools down completely.
- Stays fresh for a week at room temperature then keep it refrigerated.
- Serving suggestions-Serve with nachos,fried snacks,sandwiches or use as a spread.
I have used canned pineapple pieces to make this relish,but fresh pineapple can also be used.