Crispy Mushroom Fry- A delicious batter coated fried vegan Mushroom Nugget
Crispy Mushroom fry is a delicious and easy to make snack. You can batter coat them and keep refrigerated and deep fry when ever you want to serve.
This is a very easy to follow simple recipe , dip the mushrooms in the batter and again roll in some crumbs for the crunchy texture and then deep fry them to a nice golden colour. Instead of deep frying you can also bake or air fry them, choice is your .
For making these crispy mushrooms I have used button mushroom but you can also use oyster mushroom or maitake mushrooms for making this. I made thick slices of mushroom as they are quite big in size but if your mushrooms are small then just make into 2 or can use them whole .
The dipping batter is made with refined flour and some corn flour. Some spices are added for flavor- chili powder, pepper powder, salt, oregano, lemon juice, ginger chili paste are added in the batter. The slices are first rolled in dry flour and then they are dipped in the medium thick batter.
For the outer crust I have mixed dried bread crumbs with coarsely crushed corn flakes which gave a very nice crunch and texture. If you don’t have cornflakes then crush thick poha or just use bread crumbs or use panko crumbs.
These crispy mushroom nuggets are best enjoyed hot with ketchup or any tangy dip of your choice.
You can also check these recipes-
Crispy Mushroom Fry I Vegan Mushroom Nuggets
- 250 GM Button mushroom 1 Packet
- 1 cup Refined Flour / Maida
- 1/3 cup Corn Flour
- to taste Salt / Namak
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1.5 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 1 tsp Pepper Powder / Kali Mirch
- 1.5 tsp Lemon Juice / Nimbu Ka Ras
- 1.5 tsp Ginger paste
- 3/4 cup Bread Crumbs, Dried
- 3/4 cup Corn flakes crushed
- pinch Salt / Namak
- 1/4 tsp Pepper Powder / Kali Mirch
- Rinse the mushroom's under running water and then wipe them well.
- Discard the muddy dry base stalk and make thick slices from the mushrooms.
- If the mushrooms are small then just make 2 pieces or can use them whole.
- Take a bowl and add refined flour, corn flour, all the spices, ginger paste, lemon juice and mix well.
- Add water and make a smooth batter of coating consistency, don't make it too thin else the batter will not stick on the mushroom slices. you can add some more refined flour if it become thin.
- Take some refined flour in a bowl and add all the sliced mushroom in the dry flour and mix it well so the pieces will coat with dry flour.
- In a wide plate take the bread crumbs, crushed corn flakes, salt and pepper powder and mix . keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a wide pan.
- Now dip the mushroom pieces in the batter and then gently put on the bread crumb plate, roll in the crumbs and then keep in a separate plate.
- Repeat the process with all the pieces.
- ( if you dont want to fry the pieces now then you can keep them refrigerated and fry when needed)
- Now drop the crusted mushrooms pieces in hot oil and deep fry till one side become golden and crisp, turn the side and fry till golden an crisp.
- Remove with a slotted spoon on a kitchen paper towel.
- Repeat the process with all the nuggets.
- Serve hot crispy fried mushrooms with tomato ketchup or any tangy dip of your choice.
- Instead of corn flakes you can use poha or just use bread crumbs.
- if you don't like the smell of mushroom then can blanch them in boiling water for few seconds.
- can use wheat flour instead of refined flour.