Pinwheel samosa, potato bhakarvadi -Home made pastry slices filled with mildly spiced potato mixture
Pinwheel samosa ,potato bhakarvadi is an easy and quick recipe to follow. It is an easier version of making traditional aloo samosa. Samosa making needs some effort and expertise to shape and seal it perfectly.
Pinwheel samosa is very easier as compared to samosa.The filling is almost similar ,just in samosa we keep chunky potatoes and in this bhakarwadi the potatoes are mashed or grated so they will stick to the rolled roti else the filling will ooze out while rolling.
The dough is made with refined flour but you can also use half wheat and half refined flour. For the filling I have used only potatoes but you can add steamed and grated carrots or mashed peas in it. The rolled chapati should be thin then only the rolls will turn out crisp. Instead of deep frying you can bake these bhakarvadi’s in hot oven at 200 degree or use an air fryer to fry.
If you are looking for some more recipes for Diwali then do check-
- Aloe vera ke Namak pare
- Milk Powder Gulab Jamun
- Raj Kachori
- Ras Malai Recipe
- Moong Daal Ki Khasta kachori
- Aloo Bhujiya sev
- Ram Ladoo chat
Some Pictures to follow the process-
Spread the filling over the rolled roti with a spoon, leaving some space around the edges,else it will ooze out while rolling and slicing.
â˜… Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars â˜… in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Potato bhakarvadi , Potato Spirals
- 1.5 cup Refined Flour / Maida 100 gms
- 4 tsp Cooking oil or ghee
- salt to taste
- 5 drops Lemon Juice / Nimbu Ka Ras
For the stuffing
- 4 medium Potatoes / Aloo boiled
- 1.5 tsp Ginger / Adrak grated
- 3 tbsp Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya chopped
- 2 tsp Red chili powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 1.5 tsp Mango Powder / Amchoor Powder
- 1/4 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1/2 cup Bread Crumbs, Dried
- salt to taste
- 2 tsp Cooking Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- Boil,peel and mash or grate the potatoes.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan or heavy boottom pan and add cumin seeds . When it start crackling add ginger,turmeric and mashed potatoes and saute for a minute on medium heat.
- Now add all the spices and saute for 2 minutes on low heat
- Take out the potato mixture in a bowl and mix chopped coriander,bread crumbs and let it cool down .
- In a big bowl add refined flour, salt, lemon juice and oil.rub with your finger tips to mix it well
- Now add some water and make a medium stiff dough.cover and rest for 15 minutes
- Take 2 tbsp of corn flour or maida and mix with water and make a thin slurry,keep aside
- Knead the dough again and equal sized balls of ping pong size balls .
- Roll the balls to make thin chapatis
- Then apply a thin layer of potato mixture on the chapati by spreading evenly with a spoon.
- Roll tightly and make a cylinder and then slice it with a sharp knife.
- Take a slice and gently press between your palms to seal it.repeat this with all the slices.
- Heat enough oil in a deep wide pan and deep fry the spirals on medium heat till golden in colour.(Dip the slices in the cornflour slurry before frying )
- OR- brush with oil and bake in oven or air fryer on 200 c temp. till crisp and golden.
- When the pinwheels turn golden and crisp from both the sides then drain on a tissue paper and serve hot
- Best served with mint chutney and tomato ketchup.