Bhindi Kurkuri-Deep fried crispy okra smeared with gram flour and Indian spices
Bhindi Kurkuri- Okra /bhindi is easily available during this season and is a favourite of many.Few stays away from it due to its sliminess.Their is this simple tip to vaoid its sliminess is to add some sourness in it at the last stage.I prefer to add raw mango powder /amchoor in it but if you dont have amchoor then acan add lemon juice or tamarind pulp to remove sliminess and to enhance the taste.
Okra /bhindi is the favourite vegetable of my family so made often some times its Bhindi aloo Ki Sabzi or stuffed with spices to make Bhindi Sambhariya, Achari Bhindi , Bhindi Masala and my favourite Bhindi ka Raita
Bhindi Kurkuri ,Crispy Okra
Deep fried crispy okra smeared with gram flour and Indian spices.
Servings: 4 people
- 250 gm okra /bhindi
- 4 tbsp Gram flour / Besan
- 1.5 tsp Red chili powder
- 1 tsp Mango Powder / Amchoor Powder
- 1.5 tsp White vinegar /sirka
- 2 tsp Cashew Nuts / Kaju crushed
- 1 tsp Salt / Namak
- 3/4 tsp Lemon Juice / Nimbu Ka Ras
- 2 cup Cooking Oil to deep fry
- Trim both the ends of okra and slice lengthwise or cut diagonally.
- Sprinkle salt and vinegar ,mix well and cover and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Then add chilli powder ,mango powder,cumin and cashew pieces mix well.
- Now sprinkle gram flour and toss gently(don't rub the flour)
- if it feels too dry then add 1-2 t.s of water
- Heat oil in a pan,and deep fry these okras in small batches.don't crowd the pan.
- Fry on medium heat,when become crisp and golden,drain on a tissue napkin.
- Sprinkle chat masala and serve immedietely.
- ou can squeeze few drops of lemon juice over the fried okras just before serving.
Serving suggestions- best served with rice ,daal or as a snack /starter .