Bhindi aloo sabzi -Simple and delicious okra and potato stir fry
Bhindi aloo sabzi is a quick and easy recipe. You can either add boiled potatoes in it or use raw chopped potatoes and add them in the tempering, cover and cook till done then add chopped okra and spices and cook till done.
This Bhindi aloo sabzi can be served for lunch, dinner . It is also a good to pack in lunchboxes along with some curd or raita.
You may also like these delicious recipes-
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
You can also follow me on Pinterest , Facebook ,Twitter, Instagram and You Tube for more delicious recipes and updates
Bhindi Aloo ki sabzi ,Okra and Potato fry
Bhindi aloo ki sabzi -Simple and delicious okra and potato stir fry
Servings: 4 people
- 350 gm Bhindi/ Okra
- 2 medium Potatoes / Aloo
- 1 Tomatoes / Tamatar
- 2 Green chilies/Hari Mirch
- 1/2 tsp Fennel powder-1/2 tsp
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder/ Laal Mirch
- 1 tsp Salt / Namak
- 1 tsp Mango Powder / Amchoor Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder / Dhaniya Powder
- 3 tbsp Mustard Oil / Sarso ka tel
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- Chop okra,potato and tomato in small pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan add cumin seeds and asafoetida ,when it start crackling add turmeric.
- Now add chopped green chilies and potatoes,mix and cover and cook till 3/4 done .(you can skip this and can use boiled and chopped potatoes and add them with okras at step 4)
- Add chopped okra and salt,mix ,cover and cook on medium flame.
- Keep stirring in between 2-3 times.
- When almost done add all the spices and chopped tomato.
- Mix and cook for a minute.add fresh coriander and serve hot.
- Serving suggestions-serve with roti,rice or any bread of your choice.
Sukshma Iyer says
Your aloo bindi recipe is a hit at our home! The fennel adds a subtle yet distinct flavour to the dish. I have bookmarked your blog and refer to it almost everyday. Thank you for your efforts.
I tried this today.Came out very well.loved the flavour of the fennel powder.Only I did not cover and cook as somehow the water from the lid falls in and makes it more sticky.
Sorry, but this template is very confusing. Your previous one was very pretty, friendly and "delicious". It would be great if you could bring it back. Your recipes of course are still wonderful with yummy photos. I have posted my first crochet tutorial, please have a look.
Lots of love.
Shobha Kamath says
The clarity in the pics are superb! The curry looks very tempting too.
Yummy combo..looks delicious!!
Join my ongoing EP events-Oregano OR Paprika @ Foodomania
perfect with roti.. i make it similar way..
Tempting preparation…Lovely clicks..
anjana hope u took the back up.. these classic templates are real confusing ones
u can find ready templates and modify them according to your need.
i have kept one test blog for myself where i upload new templates and chek how it looks and then modify and then upload it to the current on
ya pls dont mind anjana it is confusing this template
take care and make sure u take backups everytime u change template
Ez Cookbook says
tempting spicy curry… lov the combination…
Hamaree Rasoi says
After coming here I was totally lost to figure it out your recipe post…This template isn't user friendly…I hope you didn't mind telling you this.
Okra looks wonderful…
Never tried this combo. looks nice. will try/
love the color of okra here and looks so yummy
anjana ur this template is confusing a bit earlier one was very good
Sorry for the trouble you all are facing due to the new template……I will change the template ASAP.
Curry looks delicious and yummy
Suja Manoj says
Delicious and healthy combo
Divya Pramil says
Nice one again 🙂 I prefer your previous template it was too good!!
Today's Recipe ~ Mutton Kothukari Masala / Mutton Kheema Masala
You Too Can Cook Indian Food Recipes
Not able to see your new recipe! Please do something about it. Thanks. Btw I made your kadi and it was delicious.
Healthy and wonderful