Bhindi aloo sabzi -Simple and delicious okra and potato stir fry
Bhindi aloo sabzi is a quick and easy recipe. You can either add boiled potatoes in it or use raw chopped potatoes and add them in the tempering, cover and cook till done then add chopped okra and spices and cook till done.
You may also like these delicious recipes-
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Bhindi Aloo ki sabzi ,Okra and Potato fry
- 350 gm Bhindi/ Okra
- 2 medium Potatoes / Aloo
- 1 Tomatoes / Tamatar
- 2 Green chilies/Hari Mirch
- 1/2 tsp Fennel powder-1/2 tsp
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder/ Laal Mirch
- 1 tsp Salt / Namak
- 1 tsp Mango Powder / Amchoor Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder / Dhaniya Powder
- 3 tbsp Mustard Oil / Sarso ka tel
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- Chop okra,potato and tomato in small pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan add cumin seeds and asafoetida ,when it start crackling add turmeric.
- Now add chopped green chilies and potatoes,mix and cover and cook till 3/4 done .(you can skip this and can use boiled and chopped potatoes and add them with okras at step 4)
- Add chopped okra and salt,mix ,cover and cook on medium flame.
- Keep stirring in between 2-3 times.
- When almost done add all the spices and chopped tomato.
- Mix and cook for a minute.add fresh coriander and serve hot.
- Serving suggestions-serve with roti,rice or any bread of your choice.