Bhindi Kurkuri-Deep fried crispy okra smeared with gram flour and Indian spices
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Bhindi Kurkuri ,Crispy Okra
- 250 gm okra /bhindi
- 4 tbsp Gram flour / Besan
- 1.5 tsp Red chili powder
- 1 tsp Mango Powder / Amchoor Powder
- 1.5 tsp White vinegar /sirka
- 2 tsp Cashew Nuts / Kaju crushed
- 1 tsp Salt / Namak
- 3/4 tsp Lemon Juice / Nimbu Ka Ras
- 2 cup Cooking Oil to deep fry
- Trim both the ends of okra and slice lengthwise or cut diagonally.
- Sprinkle salt and vinegar ,mix well and cover and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Then add chilli powder ,mango powder,cumin and cashew pieces mix well.
- Now sprinkle gram flour and toss gently(don't rub the flour)
- if it feels too dry then add 1-2 t.s of water
- Heat oil in a pan,and deep fry these okras in small batches.don't crowd the pan.
- Fry on medium heat,when become crisp and golden,drain on a tissue napkin.
- Sprinkle chat masala and serve immedietely.
- ou can squeeze few drops of lemon juice over the fried okras just before serving.