Mushroom Matar Pulao – made in a Pressure cooker
Mushroom is a very healthy and nutritious vegetable but some how I didn’t like the texture and taste of it may be because during my childhood we don’t consume mushroom at my mothers place .But my children loves mushroom and I only eat mushrooms in Pizzas.Some how I started liking the taste of it and tried using it in few recipes some times.Few days back I made Kadhai Mushroom which every one loves.I always prefer to make Home made pizza as I don’t like the blend taste of restaurant pizzas and I always add mushrooms in it. A delicious and easy – Pizza puffs is my daughters favorite snack and I makes it often as an easy and quick fix snack.
Rice is made often at my home,some times it is Biryani Pulao, Chutney pulao, Fruity Pulao, Nizami Sesame Pulao, Lemon Rice,a tangy Tomato Mint Rice and many more rice preparations. As mushroom is a very healthy and nutrition packed vegetable so I tried this mushroom matar pulao for a change and we all loved it so much. I made this mushroom pea pulao in the pressure cooker for a quick version but it can also be done in a pan .
Mushroom matar pulao
- 1.5 cup Rice/chawal
- 1.25 cup Green Peas / Hari Matar
- 10 Button Mushrooms
- 1/2 cup Tomatoes / Tamatar grated
- 3 Green Chillies / Hari Mirch Slit lengthwise
- 1 tsp Ginger / Adrak chopped
- 1/3 cup Fresh Mint / Hara Pudina chopped
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- To taste Salt / Namak
- 8 Babycorn sliced
- 5 tbsp Yogurt / Dahi
- 3.5 tbsp Cooking oil or ghee
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 2 Bay Leaves / Tej Patta
- 1/2 inch Cinnamon /daalchini
- 4 Green Cardamom / Hari Elaichi
- 4 Cloves / Lavang
- 1 Black Cardamom / Badi Elaichi
- 10 Peppercorns / Sabut Kali Mirch
- 2 Dried Red Chilli, Whole
- Wash and soak rice in enough water for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash ,wipe and slice the mushrooms.
- Heat oil or ghee in the pressure cooker or in a pan.
- Add the tempering ingredients(cumin,whole spices and whole red chili) and stir.
- When cumin start crackling add the sliced mushroom and saute till the water released from the mushroom dries up and they turn golden in colour.
- Add green chilies and saute for few seconds.Now add the tomato ,baby corns,soaked rice,peas and saute for a minute.
- Add yogurt ,ginger,mint and all the spices and stir gently.
- Now add 3 cups of warm water and pressure cook for a whistle .
- Wait till the pressure comes down,then open the pressure cooker and gently fluff up the cooked rice with a fork. If cooking in a pan then cook till done .
- Garnish with some mint or corinader leaves and serve hot
- Serving suggestions-Serve with youghurt or raita
- the pressure cooking time depends on the quality of rice ,it may take 1-2 whistles to cook.
- You can also cook it in a heavy bottom pan till done ,may need to add few extra tbsps of water.
- Can add sliced potatoes instead of baby corns.