Lemon Rice- Simple and flavorful peanut and lemon rice -a South Indian specialty
Lemon Rice -Rice is the staple diet of South India and there are so many ways of making simple but flavorful rice pilaf .Many South Indian rice preparations are very quick and made by using left over rice.
If you have left over rice then it can be made in a jiffy,just a tempering of urad daal, mustard, peanuts and curry leaves are added in boiled rice and then lemon juice is added to give that tangy flavor.
Do Try these Delicious Pulao Recipe –
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
- 2.5 cup Cooked Rice
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 Green Chilies
- 1 tsp Ginger/ adrak
- To Taste Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric/ Haldi
Tempering/ Tadka/ waghar
- 2 tbsp Cooking oil
- 2 tbsp Peanuts/ Moongphali
- 1.5 tsp Mustard Seeds/ Rai
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida/ Hing
- 1 tbsp White lentil/ Urad daal
- 1 tsp Bengal Gram/ Chana daal
- 4 Dried red chilies
- 12 Cashew nuts/ Kaju
- 10 Curry Leaves
- Heat oil in a heavy and broad bottom pan.Add peanuts and stir fry on low flame till golden in colour,Drain and keep aside
- Now add urad daal,chana daal and when it start’s to get some colour add the cashew nuts and stir
- When cashew start’s getting a nice color then add whole red chilies,green chilies ,curry leaves and asafoetida.
- Add turmeric,fried peanuts,boiled rice and salt and stir to mix well.
- Switch off the flame and then add lemon juice and mix.
- Keep it covered for about 10-15 minutes so it absorbs all the flavours and the urad daal and chana daal will also become slightly soft.