Chutney pulao -A very flavourful and delicious rice pilaf made with mint and coriander paste
preparation time-10 min
cooking time-20 min
- Rice-1 cup
- Chopped capsicum-1 cup
- Boiled peas-1 cup
- Turmeric-1/4 tsp
- Garam masala-1/4 tsp
- Cumin seeds-1 tsp
- Oil-5 tbls
- ghee-2 tbls(optional)
- Salt-1 tsp
- Fresh coriander-3/4 cup
- Fresh mint-1/2 cup
- Chopped raw mango-4 tbsp
- Green chillies-5
- Soak rice in water for 15 minutes, boil enough water in a pan with 1 t.s salt and add the soaked rice and boil till 90% done.
- Drain and keep aside.or use left over rice.
- Take all the ingredients of paste into a mixer jar and make a fine paste,without adding water.
- Heat oil in a pan ,add cumin seeds.when become golden ,add chopped capsicum and saute till slightly cooked but crisp.
- Now add boiled peas and stir fry for few seconds.
- Add the green paste,salt,turmeric and garam masala and keep stirring till nice aroma start coming (approx 1 minute)
- Add 4 tbls of water, mix well and add the boiled rice into it.
- Stir and gently mix well ,fry for 1 minute .you can add 2 tbls of pure ghee at this stage to get a nice aroma and taste.
serving suggestions- serve with raita, plain yoghurt,Gujrati kadi or tomato chutney