Chutney pulao -A very flavourful and delicious rice pilaf made with mint and coriander paste
You can also try these healthy ,delicious Khichdi recipes-
- Vegetable Daliya Khichdi
- Bajra Khichdi
- Gujarati Vaghareli Khichdi
- Yellow Moong Daal Khichdi
- Ven Pongal
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Chutney Pulao ,Minty Pilaf
- 1 cup Rice/chawal
- 1 cup Chopped capsicum
- 1 cup Boiled or frozen peas
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 1/4 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 5 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 2 tbsp Clarified Butter / Desi Ghee optional
- 1 tsp Salt-1 tsp
to Make the paste-
- 1 cup Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya
- 1/2 cup Fresh Mint / Hara Pudina
- 4 tbsp Raw Mango / Kachcha Aam chopped
- 1.5 medium Tomatoes / Tamatar
- 4 Green Chillies / Hari Mirch chopped
- Soak rice in water for 15 minutes, boil enough water in a pan with 1 t.s salt and add the soaked rice and boil till 90% done.
- Drain and keep aside.or use left over rice.
- Take all the ingredients of paste into a mixer jar and make a fine paste,without adding water.
- Heat oil in a pan ,add cumin seeds.when become golden ,add chopped capsicum and saute till slightly cooked but crisp.
- Now add boiled peas and stir fry for few seconds.
- Add the green paste,salt,turmeric and garam masala and keep stirring till nice aroma start coming (approx 1 minute)
- Add 4 tbls of water, mix well and add the boiled rice into it.
- Stir and gently mix well ,fry for 1 minute .you can add 2 tbls of pure ghee at this stage to get a nice aroma and taste