★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Nizami Sesame Pulao
- 1 cup Rice/chawal
- 3 tbsp fresh cream
- 2 tbsp Cashew Nuts / Kaju
- 1 tbsp Peanuts / Moongphali
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds /til
Tempering / Tadka
- 2 tbsp Clarified Butter / Desi Ghee
- 1 tbsp Butter, Unsalted / Makkhan
- 6 Whole red chilies
- 1 tsp White lentil/urad daal
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds-1/2 t.s
- 10 Curry leaves-10
- 3/4 tsp Salt / Namak
- Wash and soak rice for 20 minutes.
- Fry cashews and peanuts in 1 t.s of ghee on low heat till golden in colour.
- Dry roast sesame seeds and red chillies in a pan ,then grind to make a powder.
- Take a pan and add ghee,when become warm add urad daal and mustard seeds.
- When start crackling add curry leaves.when daal become red then add the ground powder and 2 cups of water.
- When water start boiling add salt and soaked rice(drain the water used for soaking).
- When it start boiling .lower the flame and simmer till 90% cooked.
- Now heat a small pan,add butter ,after few seconds add fresh cream stir,and add fried cashwes and peanuts .mix and pour over the rice.
- Cover the pan with a aluminium foil and then cover tightly with the lid.
- Cook on slow flame for 5-10 minutes(Dum) or till done
- Garnish with fried chillies and curry leaves
- Serve hot.
- Serving suggestions-serve with raita , yoghurt and salad