★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
You can also follow me on Pinterest , Facebook ,Twitter, Instagram and You Tube for more delicious recipes and updates
Nizami Sesame Pulao
Sesame pulao -A rich and flavourful rice from the land of Nizams - Hyderabad
Servings: 2 people
- 1 cup Rice/chawal
- 3 tbsp fresh cream
- 2 tbsp Cashew Nuts / Kaju
- 1 tbsp Peanuts / Moongphali
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds /til
Tempering / Tadka
- 2 tbsp Clarified Butter / Desi Ghee
- 1 tbsp Butter, Unsalted / Makkhan
- 6 Whole red chilies
- 1 tsp White lentil/urad daal
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds-1/2 t.s
- 10 Curry leaves-10
- 3/4 tsp Salt / Namak
- Wash and soak rice for 20 minutes.
- Fry cashews and peanuts in 1 t.s of ghee on low heat till golden in colour.
- Dry roast sesame seeds and red chillies in a pan ,then grind to make a powder.
- Take a pan and add ghee,when become warm add urad daal and mustard seeds.
- When start crackling add curry leaves.when daal become red then add the ground powder and 2 cups of water.
- When water start boiling add salt and soaked rice(drain the water used for soaking).
- When it start boiling .lower the flame and simmer till 90% cooked.
- Now heat a small pan,add butter ,after few seconds add fresh cream stir,and add fried cashwes and peanuts .mix and pour over the rice.
- Cover the pan with a aluminium foil and then cover tightly with the lid.
- Cook on slow flame for 5-10 minutes(Dum) or till done
- Garnish with fried chillies and curry leaves
- Serve hot.
- Serving suggestions-serve with raita , yoghurt and salad
looks yummy and delicious…
nice blog..happy to follow u..do visit mine in your free time..
Shabbu's Tasty Kitchen
Join me(Erivum Puliyum)
in the following ongoing events-
Show me Your HITS -Iron Rich Foods
EP Series-Ginger or Pepper Corns
new to me, sounds very interesting n flavorful…looks inviting too!!
this looks fantastic!
Reshmi Mahesh says
Delicious looking flavorful rice..
yummy delicious n innovative……….
Suja Manoj says
Flavorful and tempting rice.
wow very nice…i bet if would have tasted too gud! 🙂
I have never added Sesame to the rice before, I really would like to go ahead with this. Actually, when it comes to rice now am thinking I dont do any experiments at all.. Phheww !!
Nice captivating pics Anjana..
Sounds interesting and yum
Spice up the Curry says
really delicious looking rice preparation. awesome,
I usually make a rice where you add the sesame powder in the end, this is very different and looks good..
Flavorful & delicious…….yum
Super flavourful and delicious one pot meal..Lovely pulao.
Hamaree Rasoi says
adding fresh cream is very interesting here…Looks inviting
Kaveri Venkatesh says
Very flavorful and delicious rice
Divya Pramil says
So rich.. Must be delicious 🙂
This is a simple recipe.. but full of flavours. will try it
kitchen queen says
Wow lovely pulao and it is a wee bit similar to our preparation of sesame rice.
Delicious Adventures says
yummy recipe…will definitely try it…http://megdeliciousadventures.blogspot.in/
ok what happend to ur template. u had a great look before. i think you are doing some changes there
Wow just love it…..
Lovely pulao anjana
u r excellent cook anjana.. ur recipes are amazing and so simple ghar ka khana .. wud try this next time i m in mood for pulao
haven't tried this before.. it would be excellent.. i can guess it from the snaps..