Fruity Rice Pulao -A healthy aromatic and colorful pilaf for Valentine day !!
Fruity Rice Pulao-I was planning to make some thing nice and different for Valentine day,may be a rice preparation as every one loves rice, But I have already shared- Vegetable Biryani pulao , Kathal Biryani , and very flavourful Dill and pea rice and many more recipe .Suddenly I remember this fruity rice pulao recipe which I created for a magazine last year and was lying in my draft since then so I thought that it is a perfect recipe to make on valentine day as it is simple to make but looks so beautiful .
This Fruity rice pulao is also good for kids as it is mildly spiced and have the fruits which kids often loves ,you can also pack this pilaf in kids lunchboxes .They will surely finish it in the school.
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Fruity Rice Pilaf
- 3/4 cup Rice/chawal
- 4 slice Pineapple / Annanas tinned
- 2 kiwi fruit chopped
- 1 cup Red bell pepper /Shimla mirch chopped
- 1 cup Green bell pepper /shimla mirch chopped
- 3/4 cup Pomegranate pearls /Anar ka dana
- 1 tsp Chili flakes /Kuti hui laal mirch
- 4 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 1/2 inch Cinnamon /daalchini
- 3 Cloves / Lavang
- To Taste Salt / Namak
- Wash and soak rice in enough water for 20 minutes.
- Chop pineapple in small pieces.
- Heat a heavy bottom pan and add 2 tbsp of oil in it.
- Now add cumin ,cinnamon and cloves in it.
- When cumin start to crackle then add chopped pineapple pieces and give a nice stir.
- Drain water from the soaked rice and then add in the pan.
- Add 1 cup water and 1/2 cup pineapple juice (which we get in the tin of the pineapple slices) salt,chili flake and give it a boil.
- Then cover the pan with a lid and simmer till done (don't over cook )
- Remove from the flame and let it come to room temperature.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a pan and add the chopped bell peppers, pinch of salt and stir fry for about a minute.
- Now add cooked rice in the stir fried bell peppers and mix gently.
- Now Switch off the flame and then add pomegranate pearls and kiwi.
- Mix gently and serve .