Palak Paneer Paratha- Healthy Delicious spinach flat bread stuffed with cottage cheese mix.
Palak paneer paratha- palak paneer is a very popular and delicious combo. It is very healthy and high in protein,calcium, Iron and fiber. Palak paneer is the favourite curry of many of us. So I tried this paratha with the same combo ,it is healthy and quit easy to make.
Paratha are made regularly in most of the North Indian kitchens . It can be plain parathas, aloo paratha ,Gobhi paratha or any delicious stuffed veggie paratha. Mostly they are served for breakfast but can also be enjoyed for lunch and dinner too.
With stuffed parathas you don’t need many side dishes, just some curd or raita, chutney and some tangy pickle are enough to go with parathas. The flavours are mild so kids also like it and is also good to pack in lunch boxes along with some curd and pickle.
For making this palak paneer paratha you just need some wheat flour or multi grain flour, spinach ,paneer/cottage cheese ,some basic spices and fresh herbs. The spinach should be washed well and then make puree of the chopped raw spinach.
There is absolutely no need to blanch spinach for making puree as the spinach get cooked while roasting the paratha. Add the spinach puree in the flour and then mix it well and make a soft dough.
For making the filling grate the paneer and add some chopped mint and coriander leaves, salt, chili powder, mango powder or chaat masala and cumin seeds . You can also add some chopped green chili if you wish. Then stuff the paneer filling in the dough ball and roll to make a medium thick paratha .
first dry roast on hot tawa and then apply ghee or oil and roast till it become golden. Serve hot palak paneer paratha with some yogurt ,chutney and pickle.
You may also like these delicious Recipes-
- Pudina Paratha
- Stuffed Moong Daal Paratha
- Namkeen khaja/ Tikoni Mathri
- Anjeer Ki Barfi
- Raj Kachori
- Ghughni /Matra
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Palak Paneer Paratha
For Making The Dough
- 3 cup Whole Wheat Flour / Atta
- 250 Gms Spinach /palak
- 3 Green Chillies / Hari Mirch
- 1 tsp Salt / Namak
- 2 tsp Cooking Oil
For The Stuffing
- 250 gms Cottage cheese / Paneer
- 1.5 tsp Ginger / Adrak grated
- 4 tbsp Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya chopped
- 4 tbsp Fresh Mint Leaves/ Pudina chopped
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 1 tsp Mango Powder / Amchoor Powder
- 1.5 tsp Chili Flakes
- To Taste Salt
- In the blender jar add the chopped spinach,green chilies and 1/2 cup of water and grind to make a smooth paste.
- In a big wide bowl take all dry ingredients for making dough and mix. Now add the spinach puree and 2 tsp oil and make a smooth soft dough and cover and rest for 15 minutes.(you may add some water if needed)
The filling/ Stuffing
- Grate the paneer and mix all the stuffing ingredients in the grated paneer and mix well.
- After 15 minutes ,need the dough again and then make equal size balls from the dough.
- Put the dough balls in a plate and cover with a damp cloth to avoid drying.
- Now take a dough ball ,dust with some flour and roll it slightly and stuff with aaprox.3 tbsps of paneer mixture by placing it in the center of the dough disc.
- Close the dough ball by pulling and closing all the edges together.
- Dust the ball with dry flour and gently roll to make a medium thick paratha.. press gently while rolling else the stuffing may come out from the paratha.
- Now put the paratha on the medium hot tawa and then first dry roast the paratha from both the sides.
- Now apply a tsp of ghee or oil on both the sides and roast till few golden spots appear on both the sides and paratha become crisp
- Serve hot palak paneer paratha with yogurt, pickle and chutney of your choice.