Gobhi matar ki sabzi -Cauliflower cooked in mildly spiced curd and tomato sauce
You can also try these healthy recipes-
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Gobhi Matar ki Subzi /Cauliflower curry
- 450 GM Cauliflower /phool gobhi
- 3/4 CUP Green Peas / Hari Matar
- 2 Tomatoes / Tamatar medium size
- 4 tbsp Yogurt/Curd
- 10 Cashew Nuts / Kaju
- 2 tbsp Raisins / Kishmish optional
- 1 tsp Grated ginger
- 1 tsp Dried Fenugreek / Kasoori Methi
- 1 tsp Red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 tsp Salt / Namak
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 3/4 cup Water
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 3 Cloves / Lavang
- 1/2 inch Cinnamon /daalchini
- 2 Green Cardamom / Hari Elaichi
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 3 tbsp Refined oil-1 tsp
- Make medium size florets of cauliflower and then soak in turmeric and salt water for 10 minutes to remove any worms.
- Drain,wash and keep on a napkin to absorb the water.
- Heat oil in a pan, add 3 tbls oil and add the florets and shallow fry on medium heat till become slightly brown and 50% done OR deep fry in hot oil OR blanch them .
- Heat 3 tbls in a a pan add cashew nuts and stir fry to a golden colour,drain and keep aside.
- Now add cumin seeds,cinnamon ,green cardamom(crush slightly to open) cloves,asafoetida and grated ginger.saute till cumin start crackling and become golden.
- Add chopped tomato and salt,cover and cook till tomato become soft.
- Now add turmeric,chilli powder, kasoori methi and curd,fry till oil start separating from the masala.
- Add cauliflower florets,peas,raisins and cashews and mix well.then add 3/4cup water.mix , cover and cook on low flame till done.
- Add garam masala and fresh coriander.
- Serve hot.
- Serving suggestions-serve with poori,naan or as a side dish