Gobhi matar ki sabzi -Cauliflower cooked in mildly spiced curd and tomato sauce
You can also try these healthy recipes-
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
You can also follow me on Pinterest , Facebook ,Twitter, Instagram and You Tube for more delicious recipes and updates
Gobhi Matar ki Subzi /Cauliflower curry
Gobhi Matar Ki Sabzi- Cauliflower cooked with yogurt ,tomato and mild spices
Servings: 4 people
- 450 GM Cauliflower /phool gobhi
- 3/4 CUP Green Peas / Hari Matar
- 2 Tomatoes / Tamatar medium size
- 4 tbsp Yogurt/Curd
- 10 Cashew Nuts / Kaju
- 2 tbsp Raisins / Kishmish optional
- 1 tsp Grated ginger
- 1 tsp Dried Fenugreek / Kasoori Methi
- 1 tsp Red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 tsp Salt / Namak
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 3/4 cup Water
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 3 Cloves / Lavang
- 1/2 inch Cinnamon /daalchini
- 2 Green Cardamom / Hari Elaichi
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 3 tbsp Refined oil-1 tsp
- Make medium size florets of cauliflower and then soak in turmeric and salt water for 10 minutes to remove any worms.
- Drain,wash and keep on a napkin to absorb the water.
- Heat oil in a pan, add 3 tbls oil and add the florets and shallow fry on medium heat till become slightly brown and 50% done OR deep fry in hot oil OR blanch them .
- Heat 3 tbls in a a pan add cashew nuts and stir fry to a golden colour,drain and keep aside.
- Now add cumin seeds,cinnamon ,green cardamom(crush slightly to open) cloves,asafoetida and grated ginger.saute till cumin start crackling and become golden.
- Add chopped tomato and salt,cover and cook till tomato become soft.
- Now add turmeric,chilli powder, kasoori methi and curd,fry till oil start separating from the masala.
- Add cauliflower florets,peas,raisins and cashews and mix well.then add 3/4cup water.mix , cover and cook on low flame till done.
- Add garam masala and fresh coriander.
- Serve hot.
- Serving suggestions-serve with poori,naan or as a side dish
Cauliflower is my favourite veggie! Rich curry with nuts..tempting clicks!
I love this recipe. so so comforting.
Delicious and tempting gobhi masala..
Shabbu's Tasty Kitchen
Wonderful and tempting recipe!!
Looks tempting and nice recipe……
very flavorful and delicious gobi masala…i just love this masala with phulkas…yummm!!
mouthwatering n delicious masala
Very delicious yummy yum masala,perfect with rotis!!
Ongoing Events of Erivum Puliyum @ Palakkad Chamayal-Fenugreek Leaves OR Green Chillies
Reshmi Mahesh says
Gobhi masala looks delicious…Love with roti..
Awesome….ghar ki yaad aa gayi 🙂
delicious gobi masala, inviting clicks..
kitchen queen says
awesome and lovely gobhi masala.
Santosh Bangar says
gobhi is looking fabulous
thank you for stopping in my blog.. your blog will help me immensely to pure veg dishes…
I can have this super delicious gobhi masala for my dinner with some rotis.
very colourful dish,,.. perfectly done… gobi is one of our fav veg
Love to have it with rotis.
Meg's Delicious Adventures says
delicious and tempting recipe
– Meg's Delicious Adventures
Kaveri Venkatesh says
Delicious curry…perfect with some rotis…nice pic
very delicious curry..I liked even ur dahi kofta curry..
Nice flavorful subzi.. Perfect with rotis or puris!
Gayathri NG says
Spicy n delicious curry…
very colorful and love gobi in this masala..
this looks great
i make it almost same with less masalas when i want change in my usual gobhi dish
Ez Cookbook says
so yummy gobi masala and very inviting click….