Shimla mirch aloo ki sabji -Tangy delicious Potato and capsicum stir fry
Shimla mirch aloo ki sabzi is a very simple and easy recipe to make.It is a dry stir fry made with basic Indian spices and capsicum and potatoes. It is a very good tiffin recipes to pack in lunch boxes.
I have used green bell peppers to make this capsicum potato curry but you can use any color of bell pepper or use the all three of the colored peppers ,which will make the stir fry more colorful and appealing to eyes.
I have used boiled potatoes to make this shimla mirch aloo ki sabzi as it will get cooked quicker by using boiled potatoes but if you don’t have boiled potatoes then just add the peeled and cubed potatoes in the tempering,cover and cook till done and then add the remaining ingredients.
Adding crushed peanut is my own twist to the simple regular aloo capsicum sabzi and every one at home now loved this curry with peanuts only. If you are allergic to peanuts or don’t have peanuts in your pantry then just skip peanuts and follow the rest of the recipe ,it will turn awesome both ways !
Try these delicious and easy recipes-
- Stuffed Red Chili Pickle
- Crispy Aloo Pakoda
- Hari Mirch Ke Tipore
- Batata Vada Recipe
- Gatta Curry
- Date and Tamarind Chutney
You can check My video Recipe here and subscribe to my youtube channel-
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Shimla Mirch Aloo ki Sabzi , Capsicum and Potato Curry
- 3 medium Bell Peppers / Capsicum / Shimla Mirch
- 3 medium Potatoes / Aloo boiled
- 1 medium Tomatoes / Tamatar chopped
- 1 tsp Ginger / Adrak
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds / Rai *
- 2 tbsp Peanuts / Moongphali crushed(optional)
- 1 tbsp Coriander Seeds / Sabut Dhaniya coarsely crushed
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 1 tsp Chili flakes /Kuti hui laal mirch
- 3/4 tsp Mango Powder / Amchoor Powder
- 8 Curry Leaves / Kadi Patta
- To Taste Salt / Namak
- 2 tbsp Cooking Oil
- Chop boiled potato and capsicum into medium size cubes.
- Chop tomato finely ,chop the ginger and crush whole coriander seeds.
- Heat oil in a pan add mustard seeds,cumin and asafoetida,when they start crackling add peanuts ,crushed coriander seeds and curry leaves,stir till peanuts are roasted to a golden color.
- Now add turmeric and then add capsicum,ginger and half quantity of salt.
- Mix every thing and cover the pan with a lid and cook on low heat for 2.3 minutes or till capsicum get half cooked and remain crisp and crunchy
- Now add potato ,tomato, remaining salt and all the spices ,mix ,cover and cook for 3-4 minutes. stir once in between so it will not stick at the bottom.
- Serving suggestions- serve with rice daal or bread(roti)
Rahul Sharma says
Hi. I made this once and everyone in my family loved it! This is such a unique bellpeppet recipe as it doesnt have the typical masala gravy like most desi dishes! Thank you for sharing 🙂
Hi Esha ,glad you and your family liked it 🙂
Vegetarian Surprises says
never tried pea nuts in this…looks different & yummy !
Wow! Looks fantastic! I am drooling all over it 🙂
Colorful curry! Looks delicious!
flavourful n delicious..perfect with rotis!
Vimitha Anand says
Looks so yum dear. Perfect for rotis
nice side dish for roti or rice…looks lovely
Rashida shaikh says
I can have it with spoon…Looks very fresh & tempting
lovely clicks…….superb recipe
Ho,what a picture that's ! I am drooling over your curry Mayeka.
Deeps @ Naughty Curry says
yum! i love this combo
Now Serving says
Beautiful vibrant colours…….Looks ravishing.
kitchen queen says
lovely delicious and perfect combo.
I know the taste of this curry since an Aunty next door used to make this very often and used to serve with Paranthas – would taste awesome!Howevermuch I tried, i couldn't get it to taste like Aunty did.But your recipe might do the trick:)Thanks so much for sharing and still waiting for your dal recipe for my event;)
Pasta And Paratha says
One of my favorite dishes for everyday food! nick clicks.
Yummy and colorful combo..delicious
Awesome recipe dear..U have made it perfectly..
simple & tasty recipe! I'm sure that aamchoor makes the dish light up! 😀
Kavi (Edible Entertainment)
Ongoing Event:(Kid's Delight – Something Sweet)