- Broad beans/Sem -250 gms
- Chopped Tomato-1
- Ginger-1 tsp
- Turmeric-1/2 tsp
- Chili powder-1 tsp
- Mango powder-1tsp
- Coriander powder-1/2 tsp
- Salt-1 tsp
- Fresh coconut-1.5 tbsp(optional)
- Cooking oil-2.5 tbsp
- Cumin seeds-1/2 tsp
- Mustard seeds-1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida-1/4 tsp
- Chopped green chilies-1 tsp
- Wash the beans,chop the ends and then de-String the broad beans with a potato or carrot peeler
- Then tear open from one side(this is important) and check for any worm and then chop into medium size pieces.
- Discard the black or dark brown seeds(as they are hard to cook and sometimes bitter in taste) and use white and green seeds only.
- Peel and chop potatoes into medim size pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the tempering,when become golden add turmeric and chopped potato and beans.
- Stir and add salt and cover and cook for approx 3 minutes.
- Open the lid and add in ginger and tomatoes,mix cover and cook till almost cooked.(keep stiring in between)
- Now add all the remaining spices and coconut,mix,cover and cook for 1 minute or till cooked completely.
- Serve hot with rice or chapati/ or any Indian Bread