Rajasthan ker sangri -is a dry climate state and so they have less availability of fresh vegetables,hence they use much of flours,grains and pulses.Gram flour is mostly used to make kadi ,subzi and snacks in this hot and dry state. Gatta ki subzi which is made with boiled gram flour dumplings and simmered in yogurt curry is a very popular side dish.
Lots of spices,oil and yogurt is used in Rajasthani cuisine.Use of little extra oil helps to keep the food fresh for long time as Rajasthan is a hot and humid area.This ker sangri ki subzi is also made with generous amount of oil and spices and is very good to carry for traveling as it stays fresh for 2-3 days with out refrigeration
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Rajasthani Ker Sangri Ki Sabzi
- 1 cup Dried Ker Sangri 100 gm
- 2 tsp Green Chilies/ Hari Mirch chopped
- 2 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 5 slicxe Dried Raw Mango/ Amchoor
- 1.5 tsp Coriander Powder/ Dhaniya powder
- 1 tsp Mango Powder/ Amchoor
- 3 tbsp Yogurt optional
- 1.5 tsp Pickle Masala/ Achar masala
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric/Haldi
- To Taste Salt
Tempering/ Tadka/ Waghar
- 1/4 cup Mustard Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin seed/ Jeera
- 1/2 tsp Fennel Seed/ Saunf
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida/ Hing
- 5 Dried Whole Red Chilies
- Wash and soak ker sangri in enough water or thin butter milk overnight. add 1/2 tsp turmeric in the water.
- Next morning wash it 3-4 times in normal tap water till all the dirt get removed from the soaked ker sangri.
- In a pressure cooker add ker sangri and enough water to cover it. Pressure cook for 3 whistles on medium heat.
- Let it cool down completely then drain all the water from ker sangri. Wash it again with water.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan. Add all the tempering ingredients in the oil.
- Now add chopped green chilies and boiled ker sangri in it and saute for a minute.
- Add all the dry spices in it and saute for a minute.Now add beaten curd and mix well.
- Cook on low heat till all the moisture dries up.
- Serve hot or cold.
- Serving suggestions -Serve with missi roti ,poori or daal-rice or use as an instant pickle.