Chinese Fried Rice-Rice stir fried with vegetables,spices and sauces- a Indo-Chinese delicacy
Chinese Fried Rice is the most popular recipe from Chinese cuisine . In India it is a must have item in all the weddings, party etc. Now you can find street vendors ,hawkers and small stall on road side selling these Chinese fried rice, noodles and Momo even in small city and towns of India.
Making Chinese fried rice is very easy because you just need some boiled rice or leftover rice , few vegetables ,Soy sauce and vinegar. Addition of MSG is optional as it is not healthy and not recommended to use regularly so I don’t use it in my Chinese recipes.
Chinese food is cooked on high heat and in a Iron wok/ broad kadhai. You first have to heat sesame oil and then add grated ginger, chopped . First you have to saute the vegetates slightly on high heat then add the sauce and the rice. Add salt,pepper as per your taste and mix it well . At Last Add vinegar and give a final stir and serve hot.
Fried rice is served with Chili sauce, Soy sauce ,ketchup, Green chilies in Vinegar.
I have also posted these delicious recipes of-
- Kashmiri Doodhi Yakhni,
- Lauki mangodi Ki Sabzi
- Lauki ka raita
- Bharwa Karela
- Khatta Meetha Kaddu
- Lauki chana daal.
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Veg Chinese Fried Rice
Rice stir fried with vegetables,spices and sauces- a Indo-Chinese delicacy
Servings: 3 people
- 1 cup Cabbage / Patta Gobhi
- 1 Carrot / Gajar
- 1/2 cup Bell Peppers / Capsicum / Shimla Mirch
- 1/2 cup Cauliflower /phool gobhi
- 1/2 cup French beans
- 1 cup Rice/chawal
- 2.5 tsp White Vinegar / Sirka
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce / Soya Sauce
- 1.5 tsp Green chili sauce
- 1/4 tsp Ajinomoto/ MSG
- 1.5 tsp Salt / Namak
- 1/3 tsp Sugar / Chini
- 1 tsp Pepper Powder / Kali Mirch
- 2 tsp Ginger / Adrak
- 2 Green Chillies / Hari Mirch
- 3.5 tbsp Cooking Oil
- Wash and soak rice for 15 minutes.
- Boil water in a big pan, add 1 t.s salt and then add soaked and drained rice in it and boil till 90% done.
- Drain and keep aside to cool down,then fluff with a fork,or use left over cooked rice.
- Grate carrot ,shred cabbage and chop capsicum,cauliflower and beans into small pieces
- Heat oil in a pan,add grated ginger and chopped green chillies,saute.
- Now add chopped beans and cauliflower and saute for a while on high flame
- Add grated carrot and cabbage stir fry for a minute.
- Add soya sauce,salt,sugar and pepper powder and mix properly.
- Add boiled rice and vinegar ,mix well and saute on high flame for a minute or till every thing mix well
- Serve hot.
Accompaniments to serve with fried rice –
1-Chilies in vinegar –
1-Chilies in vinegar –
Wash and chop 4 medium hot green chilies in roundels.add them in a cup of white vinegar ,add 1/2 t.s salt ,cover and soak for 4-5 hours .
Take 6 Kashmiri whole red chilies,break into big pieces OR use 2 tbs red chili flakes in a bowl,heat 1/2 cup oil,wait for few seconds and then pour it over the chilies ,let it cover for approx 1 hour and then strain and serve.(I have added chili flakes and used without straining)
Serving suggestions-serve with green chilies in vinegar and chili oil.