Sooji halwa -A popular and delicious Indian semolina pudding
Preparation time-5 minutes
cooking time-15 min
- Semolina-1 cup
- Ghee-1 cup*
- Water-3.5 cup *
- Sugar-1.5 cup
- Mixed nuts-3 tbls
- Raisins- 2 tbls
- Grated coconut-2.5 tbls
- Cardamom powder-1/2 t.s
- Heat ghee in a pan,add semolina and fry on low heat,keep stirring.
- When semolina become golden in colour.add warm water and let it come to a boil.
- When water start boiling add sugar ,chopped nuts and raisins.
- Keep stirring ,till it become thick like a paste.
- Now add cardamom powder and grated or dessicated coconut.mix well.
- Take out in a bowl and serve hot .
- Or pour in a greased plate sprinkle dessicated coconut over it and let it cool down for 1/2 hour,then cut into square or diamond shapes and serve as semolina burfi.
note-1-* -you can add half milk and half water mixture.
2-* can use butter instead of ghee.