As the summers season have already started ,the fruit market is flooded with all types of juicy stone fruits.In India we have so many varieties of mangoes to enjoy during hot summer seasons.Mangos are used to make drinks, desserts, chutnies ,curries and pickles. I often make Sooji Halwa and in winter the popular Gajar halwa is made and in summers when bottle gourd is very easily and reasonably available then Lauki ka Halwa is made and relished .
But I have never tried making halwa with mangoes so this season I tried adding mangoes in my sooji halwa and it taste very good ,It have a prominent flavor of ripe mangoes and now this quick easy and delicious Mango halwa will be a regular in my kitchen .
Prep time-5 min
Cooking time-20 min
- Semolina /sooji-1/2 cup
- Mango pulp -1+1/4 cup
- Sugar – 3/4 cup
- Ghee -2.5 tbsp
- Water -1 cup
- Milk -1/2 cup
- Pistachio ,sliced -10
- Cardamom powder- 1/3 tsp
- Saffron – a pinch
- Mix nuts,chopped – 1 .5 tbsp
- Soak saffron in 2 tsp of warm milk.
- In a heavy bottom pan add ghee and heat it on medium flame
- when it become warm then add semolina and stir fry on medium heat till it get a nice golden color.
- Add water and milk and cook till it started to thicken.
- Now add sugar and cook again till it started to thicken.
- Add mango pulp and keep stirring so it will absorb the moisture.
- Cover the pan with a lid and simmer for 1-2 minutes
- Stir and cook till it start leaving the sides of the pan.
- Add cardamom powder,nuts and saffron.
- Add a tsp of ghee and mix.
- Garnish with chopped pistachio and serve hot.