Ajwaini masala arbi – Colocasia ,Taro root cooked with mild Indian spices.
- Arbi ki sookhi sabzi
- Ajwaini Masala arbi
- Vrat wali Falahari Arbi
- Arbi Ki Bhujiya
- Arbi masala
- Dahi wali arbi
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Ajwaini Masala Arbi ,Colocasia ,Taro Root fry
- 500 gms Taro roots / Arbi / Colocasia
- 1 tbsp Ginger / Adrak grated
- 1 tsp Carom Seeds / Ajwain Bishop’s Weed
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt / Namak
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 1/2 tsp Mango Powder / Amchoor Powder
- 1/3 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice / Nimbu Ka Ras
- 2 tbsp Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya
- 3 tbsp Refined oil-1 tsp
- Wash and pressure cook arbi for 2 whistles or boil in a pan till just done. Do not overcook.
- Peel and divide each arbi in two pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan, deep fry arbi slices till golden brown in color on high flame.**
- Drain and keep aside.
- Heat 3 tbs of oil in a pan,add ajwain and asafoetida,and when it starts crackling, lower the heat and add grated ginger and stir.
- Now add the garam masala, turmeric and chili powder, mix and then add the fried arbi pieces
- Stir to mix all the spices with the arbi pieces. Add salt, mango powder, chopped coriander and mix again.
- Sprinkle lemon juice and serve.
- Serving suggestions: Can be served as an appetizer or as aside dish with rice and daal combo or rotis.