Instant Badam Halwa- Quick and easy Almond dessert
Traditionally, almonds are soaked overnight, peeled and then made into a paste. Then the paste is stir fried in ghee and this process takes quite a bit of time and effort. I have learnt this instant type of quick recipe from my mother who is an awesome cook.
To make badam halwa You have to grind raw almonds to make a slightly coarse powder and then stir fry in ghee and then sugar and water is added and cooked on medium heat till it thicken .You can also use milk instead of water or use half half both.
You can also try these delicious recipes-
Instant Badam Halwa / Instant Almond Halwa
- 1 cup Almonds / Badam 100 gms
- 1.5 tbsp Semolina / Sooji
- 5 tbsp Clarified Butter / Desi Ghee
- 1/2 cup Sugar / Chini
- Pinch Saffron / Kesar optional
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom Powder / Elaichi Powder
- 1/2 cup Whole Milk / Doodh
- 1/2 cup Water / Paani
- Grind dry almonds in a mixer to make a powder.
- Heat ghee in a heavy bottom pan.Add semolina and fry it it become pink in color.
- Now add almond powder and stir on low heat till it start giving a nice aroma.
- Add milk and water and cook ,keep stirring to avoid lumps. When water start boiling add sugar and saffron.
- Cook it started to thicken and almost dries up
- Now add cardamom powder and mix.
- Serve hot.