Hyderabadi mirchi ka salan
Stuffed jalapeno’s in a tangy coconut,cashew and sesame sauce
- Jalapeno chillies-8
- Cumin seeds-1 t.s
- Mustard seeds-1/2 t.s
- Thick tamarind paste-2 tbls
- Oil -2 tbls
- Salt -1/2 t.s
To make paste-
- Fresh coconut -1/2 cup
- Sesame seeds -2 tbls
- Broken cashew -2.5 tbls
- Chopped ginger -1 t.s
- Turmeric -1/2 t.s (optional)
- Chilli powder -1 t.s
- Cumin -1 tbls
- Coriander powder -2 t.s
- Salt – 1/2 t.s
- To make paste-Soak cashew ( or use peanuts,I personally like the taste of cashews in this) and sesame in water for 15 minutes then grind with coconut and 2 tbls water ,make a paste then add all other ingredients( for paste) and grind again with little water.take out in a bowl
- Slit chillies and remove the seeds.
- Stuff chillies with masala ( approx.1 t.s in each).
- Heat 3 tbls oil in a pan ,stir fry chillies for 1 minute ,remove and keep aside
- Now add cumin and mustard in this pan,when start crackling ,add tamarind paste and stir fry for few seconds .
- Add the remaining masala, fry for few seconds and add 1 and 1/4 cup of water.
- Mix and let it boil for 2 minutes on low heat.
- Now add chillies, cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Mirchi ka salan is ready to serve
serving suggestions-best with biryani and paratha’s or as a side dish .