Bharwa mirch -Peppers stuffed with an assortment of Indian spices.
Masala bharwa mirch /Bharli mircha is a favourite accompaniment at my place. I usually stuff them with just dry powdered spices, but this time I tried to stuff it with some leftover bikaneri sev (which had become slightly stale due to the moisture :)), and it turned out to be very delicious, and every one at home liked it, especially my daughter, avoids eating hot food, loved it very much – so do try this easy and delicious bharli mircha.
For a more quick version – Just add some oil, salt and lemon juice in the ground bikaneri sev and fill in the chilies and stir fry (this tip is specially for my son :))
Do try these chili pickles-
- Green chili ,ginger and lemon pickle
- Green Chili Pickle – Maharashtrian style
- Rajasthani Mirchi Ka Kutta
- Gujarati Raita Mircha
- Chukki Hui Hari Mirch
- Puli Milagai/ South Indian Pickle
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Masala Bharwa Mirch ,Bharli Mircha ,Stuffed Peppers
- 150 gm Bhavnagri Chilies / Serrano Peppers 13-14 pcs. *
- 1/4 cup Bikaneri Sev – 1/4 cup**
- 1.5 tbsp Fennel Seeds / Saunf
- 1/4 tsp Carom Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 2 tbsp Coriander Powder / Dhaniya Powder
- 2 tbsp Mango Powder / Amchoor Powder or Lemon Juice – 2 tbsp
- 1 tsp Salt / Namak
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 4.5 tbsp Refined Oil
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds / Rai *
- Grind bikaneri sev to make a fine powder.
- Coarsly grind fennel seeds and carom seeds.
- Take a bowl and add -bikaneri sev powder,fennel and carom powder,coriander powder, turmeric powder,mango powder and salt.
- Mix well and add 2 tbsp of refined oil and mix properly.
- Wash and wipe green chilies and make a slit at one side.
- Stuff this mixture in the chilies and keep aside.
- Heat 2.5 tbsp refined oil in a pan and add mustard seeds and asafoetida .
- When seeds start crackling add the stuffed green chilies.
- Mix gently and cover and cook on low flame for approx 3-4 minutes.
- Stir twice during cooking. When the chilies become slightly soft, switch off the flame and keep covered for a minute.
- Serve with any meal or use as a pickle/ travel food.
- Stays well for approx 1 month in the refrigerator.