Hari mirch ke tipore -A quick and easy instant chili pickle-specialty of Rajasthan
Hari mirch ke tipore is a specialty from the state of Rajasthan. Mildly hot green chilies are tempered and stirfried in basic spices and serve along with meals as an accompaniment or pickle.
This instant pickle is also good to use as a travel food.you can easily store hari mirch ke tipore/Hari Mirch Ki Subzi for a week in refrigerator. If you are making this to take along for a journey then slightly increase the amount of oil in the tempering.
You can use bhavnagri chili/jalapeno peppers,Hungarian wax peppers,Serrano peppers or banana peppers to make hari mirch ke tipore. I avoid using hot variety of chilies to make this,but you can use any fresh green or red chili according to your choice.
Do try these delicious Rajasthani Recipe-
- Gatte Ki Sabzi
- Papad Methi Ki Sabzi
- Bajra khichdi
- Churi Ka Paratha
- Rajasthani Daal
- Aloo Mangodi Ki Sabzi
You can subscribe to my youtube channel- Maayeka for updates of new delicious recipes
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Hari Mirch ke Tipore
- 300 grams Green Chillies / Hari Mirch
- 2.5 tsp Mango Powder / Amchoor Powder
- 2 tsp Coriander Powder / Dhaniya Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 1/2 tsp Sugar / Chini optional
- to taste Salt / Namak
- 3.5 tbsp Mustard Oil / Sarso ka tel
- 2 tbsp Fennel Seeds / Saunf
- 1.5 tbsp Mustard Seeds / Rai
- 1/2 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 2 tbsp coriander seeds crushed
- 1 tsp peppercorn crushed
- Wash the green chiles and then wipe them well with a cloth napkin.
- Remove the steams and then chop chilies into roundals.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan.
- Then add mustard and fennel seeds in the medium hot oil.
- When seeds start crackling add asafoetida and the crushed coriander seeds and peppercorns
- Then add turmeric and chopped green chilies.
- Stir fry for few seconds and add salt and mix well.
- Cover and cook for approx 2-3 minutes on low heat or till they soften a bit
- Now open the lid and add coriander powder,mango powder and sugar.
- Stir fry for a minute on low heat.then remove from the flame.
- Refrigerate when cool down completely.
- Serve along with poori,paratha or daal-rice.