Eggplant Panini- Italian grilled sandwich stuffed with roasted eggplants, tomatoes and bell peppers
Eggplant Panini is a Italian style delicious sandwich. It is made with roasted eggplant, peppers and tomatoes. First of all the eggplants are roasted ,peeled and mashed into pulp. Then peppers and tomatoes are stir fried for few minutes and then the mashed eggplants and the spices are added in the veggies.
This prepared delicious vegetable filling is applied on the buttered bread slices and then grilled in the panini maker till crisp and brown.
You can use any bread of your choice, white ,brown ,whole wheat all taste great with this vegetable filling.
Serve this delicious Eggplant panini with tomato ketchup ,tangy mayo or any spicy tangy dip of your choice.
Looking for more snacks recipes then do try these –
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
You can also follow me on Pinterest , Facebook ,Twitter, Instagram and You Tube for more delicious recipes and updates.
Eggplant Panini (Italian Eggplant Sandwich)
Grilled eggplant, pepper and tomato panini sandwich
Servings: 3 sandwich
- 6 White Bread Slices
- 1 Eggplant medium sized
- 2 tbsp Red bell pepper /Shimla mirch
- 2 tbsp Green bell pepper /shimla mirch
- 3 tbsp Tomatoes / Tamatar chop and remove the pulp
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1.5 tsp Red paprika powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt / Namak
- 3 tbsp Cheddar cheese
- 2 tsp Olive Oil / Zeitoun Ka Tel
- 2 tbsp Butter, Unsalted / Makkhan
- Roast eggplant in oven, barbecue grill or on a gas burner, peel and mash the pulp.
- Heat 2 t.s olive oil in a pan then add chopped bell peppers and saute for 1 minute.
- Then add chopped tomatoes(wihout pulp), salt, oregano, paprika and 1/2 cup of mashed eggplant.
- Stir for few seconds and take out in a bowl.
- Butter the bread slices, heat the grill.
- Keep the bread slice on the grill, and spread 1.5 tbls mixture over it.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese and cover with the other buttered bread slice, drizzle a few drops of olive oil on it.
- Grill till golden and crisp, take off the grill and cut into desired sizes.
- Serving Suggestions – Serve as a Snack or Breakfast, and works well with Ranch Dressing, Tomato Ketchup, Tomato Salsa or a mix of Balsamic Vinegar and Olive Oil.
totally new 1..such a yummy 1..
Fantastic idea. I got bored of baigan bharta & aloo baingan sabjis. I keep looking for more ways to use eggplants. And in a sandwich? I never thought!
Very unique and healthy sandwich. Thanks for linking my event.
My Monthly Event – Spotlight : "Healthy Breakfast Ideas".
awesome n awesome sandwich….
Lecker and Yummy Recipes says
The most awaited Roundup and the announcement of "Hall of Fame" members of Healthy Morsels is now online !
Please accept our sincere and heartfelt thanks by collecting your badge from any of our blogs 🙂
Your Healthy Morsels Team !
hi..thank you for joining up…it allowed me to discover your wonderful blog….have joined up through the gfc..am your happy follower now,…..really nice panini.
Amina Khaleel says
wow… fantastic recipe… awesome..
Do link your entries to My first blog event: Guest Quest
Hey.There is an award waiting for you at my space. Do visit.
Cant take my eyes from ur clicks,makes me hungry even after having my dinner..
can eat this for any meal! Or maybe a snack
Delicious n yummy breakfast,have not tried these with egg plant,yummy!
Join me in the ONGOING EVENT- "Mint & Coriander seeds" (EP Series-Apr)
Awesome clicks and perfectly made.
This is very unique. Loved this.
V.Nice, I love this sandwich and find it an easy way to feed eggplant to the kid. Send it to my event pls.
JOIN ME THIS MONTH IN APRIL EVENT- ‘ONLY’ SNACKS & STARTERS + COOKBOOK GIVEAWAY
Wow so innovative sandwich, looks so tempting.
Very delicious, have had sandwiches with grilled eggplants, but the way you have made, makes it even more interesting..
Simple and delicious…
Wow so yummy n delicious
wow u always come out with new recipes
never had baingan in sandwich. this is totally differnt one
do chk out my todays recipe of rice pakodas