Saatu ke laddu –A sweet made with roasted wheat and horse gram from the state of Uttar Pradesh.
Today is Akshaya Tritiya . It’s customary to make sattu ke laddu at home in my community.In India sattu ka atta is easily available in stores ,but here it’s difficult to get, so I make my own sattu atta for making laddu’s.
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Sattu ka Laddu
- 1.5 cup Roasted chana daal daaliya, horse gram
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour / Atta
- 1.25 cup Powdered Sugar/ castor sugar
- 1 cup Clarified Butter / Desi Ghee +2 tbls
- 10 Almonds / Badam
- 10 Pistachio / Pista
- 1 tsp Cardamom Powder / Elaichi Powder
- Dry roast wheat in a heavy bottom pan on slow flame .for approx. 10 minutes or till nice aroma start coming or roast in a oven on low temp till golden.
- Let it cool down completly then grind in the mixer to a fine powder.
- Now grind the roasted chana daal to a fine powder.
- Take both the powders in a big bowl and mix well ,add crushed almonds and cardamom powder.
- Add powdered sugar and melted warm ghee .
- Mix well if feeling dry then add 2 tbls of ghee.
- Now take small portion of mixture in your hand and make laddu’s
- Garnish with chopped pista.
- Stay fresh at room temperature.