Saatu ke laddu –A sweet made with roasted wheat and horse gram from the state of Uttar Pradesh.
Today is Akshaya Tritiya . It’s customary to make sattu ke laddu at home in my community.In India sattu ka atta is easily available in stores ,but here it’s difficult to get, so I make my own sattu atta for making laddu’s.
Traditionally sattu is made with roasted and ground powders of pulses and cereals like chana daal, jowar, wheat, oats and barley.It is consumed in different ways like with sugar ,water, green chilies and salt and even used as a stuffing for litti and parathas .
Sattu is a popular breakfast in the states of Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Jharkhand and Orissa.Hope you will like my version of sattu ka laddu.
You can also try these specialties-
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
You can also follow me on Pinterest , Facebook ,Twitter, Instagram and You Tube for more delicious recipes and updates.
Sattu ka Laddu
Saatu ke laddu -A sweet made with roasted wheat and horse gram from the state of Uttar Pradesh.
- 1.5 cup Roasted chana daal daaliya, horse gram
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour / Atta
- 1.25 cup Powdered Sugar/ castor sugar
- 1 cup Clarified Butter / Desi Ghee +2 tbls
- 10 Almonds / Badam
- 10 Pistachio / Pista
- 1 tsp Cardamom Powder / Elaichi Powder
- Dry roast wheat in a heavy bottom pan on slow flame .for approx. 10 minutes or till nice aroma start coming or roast in a oven on low temp till golden.
- Let it cool down completly then grind in the mixer to a fine powder.
- Now grind the roasted chana daal to a fine powder.
- Take both the powders in a big bowl and mix well ,add crushed almonds and cardamom powder.
- Add powdered sugar and melted warm ghee .
- Mix well if feeling dry then add 2 tbls of ghee.
- Now take small portion of mixture in your hand and make laddu’s
- Garnish with chopped pista.
- Stay fresh at room temperature.
We make sattu/pinda for Teej. I love decorating it the most 🙂
Iresistible ladoos with full of nutritious punch..Thanks for linking..
Kitchen Chronicles ~ Heirloom Recipes
Healthy and delicious ladoos..
I am ready for any sweet and this is no exception!
OK, I feel like such an idiot to open my jaw at the idea of making sattu at home. Why did I never think of that before.. But thanks dear ,for this idea.
My hubby loves sattu Parantha and all, and this one seems to be a nice idea to keep him tugging his hands away from those preservative laiden cookies for few days atleast 🙂
Lovely recipe,looks tempting.
Gayathri NG says
Simply superb, yummy ladoo…
Rinku Naveen says
Awesome! Tasted this recently and loved the taste. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
they look really healthy and delicious.
Wow..looks so delicious…
yummy n delicious laddu….
Vikis Kitchen says
Extremely glad to find your yummy blog dear. Laddu looks so perfect, healthy and delicious.
healthy one 🙂
Ongoing Event : WTML
Drolling over this ladoos!!!!!!!
Divya Pramil says
Nice ladoos!!! Happy to follow You!! and thanks for visiting my blog
Achu's Amma's Kitchen says
yummy and perfectly made ladoos.
Fabulous n yummy laddus!
Join me in the ONGOING EVENT- "Mint & Coriander seeds" (EP Series-Apr)
Super healthy and delicious laddoos..
Yummy ladoos for Akshaya tritiya..loved it!
Suja Manoj says
Looks divine,yummy ladoos..
ladoos looks awesome…so healthy dessert…i am a big fan of u n ur collection of recipes …thankq somuch for sharing such a wonderful creations
Super Yummy Recipes
lovely looking laddoos.. perfect for a sweet tooth like me
wow Looks delicious
Hi.. there's an award waiting for you.. :)collect it here
Santosh Bangar says
wow looking delicious easy method to make laddoo. nice combo.clicks is super