Vegetable Dhokla sandwich -Semolina sandwich stuffed with spicy vegetable mix.
Dhokla Sandwich- A delicious and different version of dhokla. It is made with a stuffing between two layers of steamed dhokla’s. I have made the filling with shredded capsicum, cabbage and green peas. Addition of sambhar masala is optional , you can also use some pav bhaji masala or just add the routine spices.
The batter is made with semolina but you can also use your normal daal -rice ready Idli batter to make this dhokla sandwich. any type of stuffing can be used for filling also.
You may also like these delicious Recipe-
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Stuffed Dhokla , Dhokla Sandwich
For The Batter
- 1 cup Semolina / Sooji
- 4 tbsp Rice Flour / Chawal Ka Atta
- 1/2 cup Curd
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1.5 tsp Fruit Salt
For The Stuffing
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 1 cup Shredded Cabbage
- 1/2 cup Chopped Capsicum
- 1/4 cup Green Peas / Hari Matar
- 1 tsp Sambhar Masala
- 1 tsp Red paprika powder
- 1/3 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt / Namak
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice / Nimbu Ka Ras
- 1 tbsp Cooking oil or ghee
For The Paste
- 1 tbsp Idli Podi Powder
- 1.5 tbsp Cooking Oil
- For the Tempering
For The Tempering
- 1 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds / Rai *
- 1 tsp sesame seeds /til
- 2 dried whole red chilies
- 2 tbsp Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya
- Mix the semolina, rice flour, curd and salt in a bowl, and add enough water to make a smooth batter.
- Keep aside for 20 minutes.
- Heat 1.5 tblsp of oil in a pan.
- Add asafoetida and turmeric, cook for a few seconds, and then add the peas, cabbage and capsicum.
- Now add the salt, sambhar masala, chilli powder and stir fry till the vegetables start softening.
For The cake
- Grease a plate with 1.5 t.s of oil. boil 1 .5 glass of water in a steamer.
- Then add fruit salt in the batter, mix well and quickly pour half of the mixture into the plate and steam for 3 minutes.
- Take the plate out of the steamer and spread the podi mixture on the semolina cake.
- Spread the vegetable mixture over it.
- Pour the remaining batter over the vegetable layer and sprinkle 1/4 sambhar masala over the batter.
- Now place the plate in the steamer again and steam for 8 minutes.
- Take the plate out of the steamer and let it cool down for 10 minutes
- Add mustard and sesame seeds to the oil, and when it starts crackling, add whole red chllies to the oil and pour over the triangle pieces.
- Cut into triangles.
- Heat 1 tblsp of oil in a small pan..
- Garnish with chopped coriander.
- Serving suggestion: Serve with tomato ketchup and green coriander chutney.