Lobhia curry – Healthy and delicious black eyed pea curry
Lobhia curry – A very healthy delicious curry made with cow peas ,tomato and basic Indian spices . it goes well with rice or any Indian bread of your choice.
You may also like these recipes-
- Paneer Bhurji
- Gujarati Vaghareli Khichdi
- Oats Vegetable Chilla
- Sarson Ka Saag
- Makki Aloo Paratha
- Gajar Mooli Ka Achar
Lobhia Curry , Chawli , Black Eyed Peas Curry
- 200 grams Black Eyed Peas/Lobiya/Chawli
- 2 Green Chillies / Hari Mirch
- 3 Tomatoes / Tamatar
- 1 tsp Ginger / Adrak minced
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 1 tsp Salt / Namak
- 1/3 tsp Pink Salt/ Kala Namak
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- Carom Seeds / Ajwain a pinch
- 1/4 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 2 tbsp Tamarind / Imli pulp
- 6 Curry Leaves
- 3 tbsp Cooking Oil
- Wash and soak the black eyed peas for about 2 hours.
- Drain the water. Add 1/2 tsp of turmeric, and pressure cook with just enough water for 3-4 whistles on medium heat.
- Puree together tomatoes, ginger and green chillies and make a fine paste.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin, asafoetida, curry leaves, tomato puree, and cover and cook for 2 minutes on medium heat.
- Add ajwain, paprika powder, 1/4 tsp turmeric, salt and black salt in the tomato puree and cook till oil start separating from the puree.
- Add the boiled black eyed peas and a glass of water to the cooked puree.
- Mix well, cover and let it simmer for 5-8 minutes, till the sauce starts thickening.
- Now add the tamarind paste, garam masala and chopped coriander.
- Cook for another minute and the black eyed peas are ready to eat.