Instant Ragi Idli- Healthy and Easy to make Instant ragi and semolina idli
Instant Ragi idli- Ragi/finger millet/Nachni is a very healthy millet. iT is a great source of fiber, calcium ,protein, rich in iron and many different types of nutrients. It is gluten free and diabetic friendly millet. It can helps prevent high blood pressure.
As Ragi is very healthy and good for digestion so a very good baby food option for small kids. Ragi is gluten free so you can easily include it in your weight loss diet plan.. It is easy to digest and a filling food. Ragi is hot in tasser so have in moderately during summer season.
Idli is a staple food of India now.It is healthy,oil free and quick and easy to make. Idli can Be served for breakfast,lunch,dinner and can be packed in lunch boxes too.
Traditionally ragi idli is made by soaking ragi millet, rice and urad daal and then it is ground into paste . Then the ground paste is left for fermenting and then the idlis are steamed. This take quite a lot of time and pre planning. This Instant ragi idli is very easy and quick recipe .
You just need semolina, ragi flour and some sour yogurt to make this ragi idli. Mix the batter and just soak it for 15 minutes. You can also make the batter and keep it refrigerated for 2-3 days. When you want to make idli then just add some eno and steam it like the regular idlis.
Vegetable Ragi Idli
You can also add some finely chopped vegetables of your choice in the batter to make it more healthier. You can add grated or chopped carrots ,cabbage ,capsicum ,peas ,broccoli ,greens in the batter .
You may also like these recipes-
- Mysore Bonda/ Goli Baje
- Ginger Chutney
- Aloe vera ke Namak pare
- Moong Daal Kachori
- Strawberry Jam
- Aloo Parwal Sabzi
- Falafel Sandwich
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Instant Ragi Idli
- Steamer, Mixing Bowl
- 1 cup Finger millet flour /Ragi /Nachni
- 1 cup Semolina / Sooji
- 1 cup Yogurt / Dahi
- 1 cup Water / Paani
- 1.5 tsp Eno fruit salt
- to taste Salt / Namak
tempering/ waghar/ tadka
- 2 tsp Cooking Oil
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 3/4 tsp Mustard Seeds / Rai *
- 2 tsp Green Chillies / Hari Mirch chopped
- 1.5 tsp Ginger / Adrak chopped
- 1/2 tsp White lentil/urad daal
- pinch Asafoetida / Hing powder
- Take a big bowl and add ragi flour, semolina and yogurt and mix.
- Add water and salt and mix well.
- Heat oil in a small pan and add urad daal ,cumin and mustar seeds.
- When the seeds start crackling then add asafoetida,green chilies,ginger and curry leaves .
- Remove from the flame and add the tempering in the ragi batter and mix.
- Cover the batter and keep aside for 15 minutes. if the batter become thick after 15 minutes then add few tbsp water to adjust the consistency.
- Boil water in the steamer and grease the idli plates with oil.
- When the water in the steamer start boiling then add eno in the ragi batter and pour the prepared batter in the idli molds.
- Put the mould in the steamer,close lid and steam for about 12-15 minutes on high heat.
- Switch off the heat and wait for 5 minutes before opening the steamer.
- Now open the steamer lid ,take out the plates and let them rest for 5 minutes.
- Now using a wet spoon scoop out the idlis from the mould
- Serve hot with sambhar or any chutney of your choice.