Papad paratha- Indian flat bread stuffed with Indian poppadom
Papad Paratha- In India we make numerous types of paratha’s on regular basis. Paratha’s are made mainly with either wheat flour or refined flour . But multigrain flour,gram flour, ragi flour, bajra, maaki and many other flours are also used seasonally.
Paratha’s are made either plain or stuffed .During winter stuffed paratha’s are the preferred one .These papad paratha’s are the specially from the state of Rajasthan. as vegetable was not that easily available in Rajasthan so they make use of gram flour and papad to make stuffed paratha’s and in curries.
The papad is either roasted or deep fried is crushed and then some spices and fresh herbs are added in the stuffing. the papapd paratha taste so delicious with some curd,pickle and aloo ki sabzi. it is also good to pack in lunch boxes and as a travel food.
You can also try these stuffed parathas-
- Lachcha Paratha
- Palak and Moong Sprout Paratha
- Moong Daal Paratha
- Methi Aloo Paratha
- Mooli ka Paratha
Papad Paratha (spicy flatbread)
For Making the dough
- 2 cup Refined Flour / Maida
- 1/2 cup Fresh Mint Leaves/ Pudina
- 2 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1/2 tsp Salt / Namak
For The Stuffing
- 2 Urad daal Papad
- 1 Green Chillies / Hari Mirch Chopped
- 2 tbsp Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya
- 1/2 tsp Chaat Masala
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt / Namak
- Wash and chop mint leaves finely.Take flour in a bowl ,add salt, oil, cumin ,chopped mint and mix well.
- Add enough water to make a soft dough,cover and rest for 15 minutes
- Deep fry urad daal papads(can use moong daal papad too) in hot oil till brown and crisp.then crush it.
- Chop green chilli and coriander finely.Take a bowl add crushed papad in it,then add green chilli,fresh coriander ,chat masala or mango powder,chilli powder and salt.mix well
How To Make Paratha
- Take a small ping pong size ball from the dough,flatten it a bit,and place 2 tbls of papad mixture in it,seal the edges of the ball,so that the stuffing concealed completly.
- Press the ball and prick lightly with a fork.
- Roll the paratha with a rolling pin to make a paratha of medium thickness.
- Cook on a griddle on medium heat.apply 1 t.s oil on both sides.and cook till both sides are golden and crisp
- Serving suggetions : parathas go well with curd,pickle or potato curry
Lakshmi @Purevegetarian says
I would never have thought of mixing papadam and paratha. It looks like a tasty idea!
This looks so delicious.Can't wait to try it out…
This is a new one and looks inviting. We love papad and thx for linking to the event.
Event: Sinful Delights
Event: Stuffed Paratha
This looks so good.Will try it out soon.
Wish you a happy,healthy and prosperous New Year.
Uma's Culinary World says
havent heard of this.. sure must be tasty.. innovative recipe
wow..awesome…very innovative..must be delicious….
Mmmhhh, those look irresistible!
maaa , this looks awsum , i will make this for the quick breakfast in the morning bfr leaving for office , will call dad to ask for feedback 😀
this z very innovative preperation…. so inviting…feel so hungry by seeing this beautiful click