Kela Methi Nu Shaak- Mildly spiced banana and fresh fenugreek stir fry
Kela Methi Nu Shaak- Fresh fenugreek is available in abundance in winters.Its a good source of Iron,Vit K, roughage, nicotinic acid and protein so very good to include in your daily diet in different forms.we make different recipes with fresh methi and the most popular is Methi aloo subzi and Methi Thepla and this quick and easy kela methi nu shaak
This kela methi nu shaak is a typical Gujarati specialty its quick and easy to make and taste so good .It have all the taste-sweet from banana,bitter from methi,hot from the chilies and sour from lemon juice.
You have to make it just before serving and then it taste best. Best served with with bajra roti and aloo shaak.
Try These Delicious and easy Recipes-
- Instant Kele Ki Saunth
- Moradabadi Daal
- Curd Rice- Video Recipe
- Rajasthani Churi Ka Paratha
- Falsa Ka Sharbat
- Bharwa Karela
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Kela Methi Nu Shaak
- 3 Ripe banana/ Paka kela
- 1.5 Cup Fresh Fenugreek / Hari Methi
- 1.5 tsp Green Chillies / Hari Mirch chopped
- 1/2 tsp Ginger / Adrak
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice / Nimbu Ka Ras
- 1 tsp Sugar / Chini
- To Taste Salt / Namak
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 1/2 tsp Red Chili Powder/ Laal Mirch
- Pinch Garam Masala
- 2.5 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- Pinch Asafoetida / Hing powder
- Pick tender leaves of methi and wash them well and chop finely.Peel and slice banana in medium thick roundels and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin and carom seeds.Then add chopped green chilies and asafoetida and stir till cumin become golden in color.
- Now add chopped fenugreek leaves and 3 tbsp of water.Cover the pan and cook till leaves get cooked.
- Now add sugar,salt,chili powder ,garam masala and lemon juice in banana slicesAdd turmeric powder in the pan and stir to mix.
- Now add banana slices in the pan and stir gently.Cook for few seconds or for a minute.
- Serve hot with bajra or wheat roti.