Instant Bread Medu Vada- Quick and easy recipe to make medu vada with bread, yogurt and basic Indian spices
Instant Bread Medu vada – Medu vada is a Southern Indian snack recipe made with soak ground urad daal . for making this version you need to do pre planning .the white lentil is soaked overnight and then ground to a fine paste . he batter is beaten and then the medu vada is shaped and fried.
This instant bread Medu vada is very easy and quick to make and a perfect recipe to use your leftover bread. you need just few ingredients available in your pantry .
You Just need some left over bread ,yogurt and few basic Indian spices.It can be made easily,Instantly and easily . you can serve this with sambhar or any chutney of your choice
looking for some other vada and chutney recipes then do try-
Instant Medu Vada
- 6 Bread slices
- 1/2 cup Rice Flour / Chawal Ka Atta
- 1/2 cup Yogurt / Dahi
- 2 Green Chillies / Hari Mirch chopped
- 1/2 inch Ginger / Adrak chopped
- 8 Curry Leaves / Kadi Patta chopped
- 2 tbsp Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 8 Peppercorns / Sabut Kali Mirch crushed
- 1/2 tsp Salt / Namak
- Tear bread into small pieces and finely chop ginger, curry leaves and chilies .
- Now take a big bowl and add bread,chilies,ginger,curd,rice flour and all the spices in it and mix well.
- f it feels too fry then add 1-2 t.s water and make a medium soft dough.Cover and rest for 5 minutes.
- Make medium size balls from the dough. Grease your palm with oil or water,flatten the ball on your palm.
- Make a hole in the center with your thumb,.make all the vada's and keep them in a plate
- Heat oil in a pan,and deep fry the vadas on medium heat till golden and crisp.
- Serve hot
- Serving suggestion-serve with sambhar, rasam or chutney