Potato and yam cutlet, suran cutlet -can be eaten during fasting too
- Boiled yam (jimikand)-1 cup*
- Boiled potato-1 cup
- Roasted and crushed peanuts-3 tbls
- Roasted sesame seeds-3 tbls
- Lemon juice-1.5 t.s
- Sugar-1 t.s
- Green chillies-3
- Ginger-1 t.s
- Singhara atta-1/2 cup *
- Poppy seeds-3 tbls
- Cumin seeds-1/2 t.s
- Oil- t.s
- Heat 2 t.s oil in a pan add cumin seeds and chopped green chillies.when become golden ,add boiled and mashed suran and mashed potato and peanuts.
- Stir fry for 1 minute and then take out in a bowl.
- Let it cool down ,then add salt ,sugar ,sesame, .lemon juice.mix well.
- Make cutlets and keep aside.
- Take singhara atta ,salt and water in a bowl and make a medium thick batter.
- Dip the cutlets in the batter and sprinkle poppy seds over it.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the cutlets on mediun heat till golden and crisp.
- Serve hot.
serving suggestions-serve with date chutny or ketchup.
- * Yam (suran) is also called -jimikand in Hindi
- singhora atta is water chestnut flour
just stopping by to say hello
great looking yam cutlets…Thanx for sending dear to my event…:)
cutlets looking just hot n spicy mam,..
Really yummy…need to try this 🙂
yum yum yum….. i like this type of cutlets…super temting…
nice way to use the yam
Cutlets looks so yummy and tempting..Haven't tried yet..super yum!
suran cutlet looks delicious.
Love this yam cutlets,yummy n delicious!!
Cook in any recipe with Cilantro/Cumin as one of the main ingredients & rush it in my EP Series-Herbs n Spices
Achu's Amma's Kitchen says
new cutlet ..awesome idea..different way to have yam
looks super nice.. i have read this in he ma's blog as well.yet to try this!
Ongoing Event : I'm The Star
Suja Manoj says
Love this veggie and this sounds an awesome recipe..thanks for sharing.
Wowwwwww this looks absoultely delicioussssssssss
so yummy n tempting…
This looks so delicious and tempting
Wow your photography is truly amazing! and I want to eat that big spoonful
Superb, like the addition of peanuts, I think by mistake you have put 12 cups of the atta..
wow very new and yummy!
Delicious looking yam cutlets 🙂
On Going Event The Kerala Kitchen @Cook-Ezee
suran cutlet this is new
i also attempted something on trial basis which came out good wud post soon but this is total vrat ka khana nice one anjana
nice way to have yam.. loved the recipe.. and snaps too