Fruit custard -A very healthy,easy and delicious dessert made with milk and seasonal fruits
- Milk- 1 litre
- Sugar-1 cup *
- Custard powder-3.5 tbsp
- Cardamom powder-1/2 tsp
- Saffron powder- a pinch
- Fresh cream-3/4 cup
- Pistachio,peeled and sliced-2 tbsp
- Seedless grapes-1 cup
- Mango,chopped- 1 cup
- In 3/4 cup of milk (at room temperature) mix custard powder and keep aside.
- In a heavy bottom pan add the remaining milk and give it a boil.then reduce the flame and boil milk for 2 minutes then add sugar and saffron and let it simmer for approx 5 minutes.
- Now add the dissolved custard in the boiling milk and keep stirring continuously till it start to thicken
- Remember that it will thicken further when it cool down, so cook accordingly.
- Add soaked and chopped pista and cardamom powder.
- Let it cool down completely.then chil in refrigerator for 2 hour
- Fruits-Peel banana and pear and then chop all the fruits in small pieces.
- Add cream,chopped fruits and whole grapes in the custard ,mix gently and keep in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours ,so the custard absorb all the flavours and juices of the fruits.
- Serve chilled.
1-Custard will remain fresh for 2 -3 days in the refrigerator,but remember to remove the banana pieces from the leftover custard as they will discolur soon and will give a strong flavour.
3- *Add sugar according to your taste