Tomato poori -Flavorful pooris made with tomato puree and mint leaves
Tomato poori- This tomato poori recipe is a very easy and delicious recipe specially for kids. Kids loves the tangy flavour of tomatoes in chips and snacks. So I thought of making tomato flavour poore’s and they are an instant hit at my place.
Every one in my family loves these tomato poori’s. I have used ready tomato puree but you can use home made tomato puree or even use tomato ketchup and some puree to make the dough.
Addition of mint leaves is optional but it gives a nice flavour in the poori’s. You can substitute methi leaves with mint leaves or just use chopped coriander leaves.
These poori’s taste good with some chutney ,pickle and a cup of garam chai !
Do try these Delicious recipes-
- 1.5 cup Whole Wheat Flour / Atta
- 1/4 cup Semolina / Sooji
- 1.5 tbsp Fresh Mint / Hara Pudina chopped
- 1 cup Tomato puree thick
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- Baking Soda a pinch
- 1 tbsp Cooking Oil
- Salt / Namak a pinch
- In a big bowl mix wheat flour,semolina,salt,chili powder,oil,salt,baking soda and mint leaves
- Now add tomato puree in the wheat flour mixture and make a medium stiff dough. Add few tsp of water if needed
- Cover and rest the dough for 10 minutes
- Now make small balls from the dough and dust with flour and roll to make medium thick pooris
- Heat oil in a deep pan and gently slide the poori in the hot oil.
- After adding in the oil ,reduce the heat to medium and gently press the poori from one side with a slotted spoon,it helpes to puff up the poori.
- Fry from both the sides till golden in colour,remove from the pan and drain on a paper napkin.
- Serve hot or cold.
1-You may add chopped fresh fenugreek or coriander leaves instead of mint leaves.
small tiger says
It looked good, smell was amazing but didn’t taste all that great. I am wondering how I can make it more interesting.
you can add any herb of your choice,can increase the amount of chili powder ,add ajwain or even oregano to add more flavour and spice
Rita Jain says
Anjanaji,these tomato puris look yummy…but they are ful of taste and nutrition too..thanx…
Mina Joshi says
The puris look really delicious
Kitchen Queen says
for my kids i do variation of colors in roti. now do it in puris too. this sounds so good
[email protected] says
I love your pictures and recipes, they are mouth watering. Would love for you to share them with us at foodieportal.com. We are new but at foodieportal.com we are not photography snobs, we are just foodies.
tomato puri…….very creative dish ….will surely try tis
Priya Suresh says
Puffy and flavourful poori..Very attractive.
Sapana Behl says
It looks so yummy . Nice innovation!
looks fabulous and flavorful….
Sanoli Ghosh says
Tomato poori looks absolutely delicious, flavored with mint….yummy.
Chandrani Banerjee says
Tomato poori looks crunchy and inviting. I will try it soon.
"My Monthly Event – Spotlight: Show Your Best Creation "
Lavanya T R says
Latest Post – VLCC Ayurvedic Henna Review
Rumana Ambrin says
Meena B says
tomato poori with tomato puree
wow thats called innovation and ur pooris look so fluffy
what is that dish in background
it looks lovely anjana
Vimitha Anand says
Loving the color. fluffy and yumm pooris
Hudson Canola Giveaway
New n interesting
Event: Dish name starts with R till April 15th and a giveaway