Chili Guava Drink/Peru Pyala- Delicious , tangy and slightly spicy guava drink recipe
Peru Pyala/ Chili Guva juice is a popular drink made with ripe guava juice and red chilies. During summer we try to make so many refreshing drinks from fruits / vegetables and fresh flowers . Fresh juices are way better then having ready fizzy drinks which are just loaded with sugar and preservatives.
I tasted this delicious Peru pyala drink at the famous yellow chili restaurant . We all loved it and then I tried to make it at home and it was exactly like the peru pyala drink we had at that restaurant.
How To make Peru Pyala Drink
The recipe is simple , you can either make it with ready guava juice and add the spices and blend well OR you can blend chopped fresh guava pieces with some water and then strain the pulp and discard the seeds . Dilute the pulp with chilled water to make a medium thick juice.
The main flavor is from the addition of red chili powder ,lemon juice, mint leaves and some green chili gives a nick kick to the drink. Addition of sugar is optional as it depends on the quality of guava you are using and on your taste preference.
Rub the rim of the serving glass with a slice of lemon and then dip it in a mixture of salt, sugar and red chili powder which gives a nice look to the glass and you don’t need any garnish for the drink after this.
Do check these delicious beverages to try this summer-
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Chili Guava Juice/ Peru Pyala
- 1 liter Ready Guava Juice check recipe
- 3 tbsp Lemon Juice / Nimbu Ka Ras
- 1.5 tbsp Sugar / Chini
- 1 Green chili/hari mirch Optional
- 15 Fresh Mint Leaves/ Pudina
- 1 tsp Pink Salt/ Kala Namak
- to taste Salt / Namak
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder/ Laal Mirch *
- 3/4 tsp Roasted Cumin Powder / Jeera Powder
To Garnish the glass rim
- 1 tsp Sugar / Chini
- 1/2 tsp Pink Salt/ Kala Namak
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- You can make this peru pyala with either ready juava juice or will make with fresh guava fruit- just grind 5 chopped guava's with some water in the mixer jar and then strain the juice to remove the seeds. Now dilute the thick juice with some chilled water . The juice should be slightly thick not too watery. OR use canned guava juice
- Crush mint leaves and green chili with morter and pestle and add in the juice.
- Add sugar, lemon juice ,red chili powder salt and cumin powder in the juice and mix it well. (quantity of chili will be adjusted as per taste)
- Rub the serving glass rim with a lemon wedge.
For garnishing the serving glass.
- Mix the sugar, pink salt and chili powder in a plate
- Dip the glass in the mixture and gently rotate so the dry mix stick to the glass rim.
- Add few ice cubes in the serving glass and then gently pour the prepared juice in it.
- Serve immediately.