ComChili Guava Drink/Peru Pyala- Delicious , tangy and slightly spicy guava drink recipe
Peru Pyala/ Chili Guava drink is a popular drink made with ripe guava juice and red chilies. During summer we try to make so many refreshing drinks from fruits / vegetables and fresh flowers . Fresh juices are way better then having ready fizzy drinks which are just loaded with sugar and preservatives.
I tasted this delicious Peru pyala drink / Chilli Guava Drink at the famous yellow chili restaurant . We all loved it and then I tried to make it at home and it was exactly like the peru pyala drink we had at that restaurant.
How To make Chilli Guava Juice / Peru Pyala Drink
The recipe is simple. You can either make it with readymade/canned guava juice and add the spices and blend well OR you can blend chopped fresh guava pieces with some water and then strain the pulp and discard the seeds. Dilute the pulp with chilled water to make a medium thick guava juice.
The main flavor is from the addition of red chili powder, lemon juice, mint leaves, and some green chili gives a nick kick to the drink. Addition of sugar is optional as it depends on the quality of guava you are using and on your taste preference.
Rub the rim of the serving glass with a slice of lemon and then dip it in a mixture of salt, sugar and red chili powder which gives a nice look to the glass and you don’t need any garnish for the drink after this.
Benefits of Guavas
Guava, a tropical fruit renowned for its exceptional nutritional profile, offers a myriad of health benefits. Packed with vitamin C, guava plays a crucial role in supporting the immune system, helping the body fend off illnesses and infections. The fruit is also a rich source of dietary fiber, aiding in digestion and promoting a healthy digestive tract. Guava’s impressive array of antioxidants contributes to cellular health and may help reduce the risk of chronic diseases. Also its low glycemic index makes it a suitable choice for individuals managing blood sugar levels.
Its potassium and soluble fiber content are also known to support cardiovascular health by regulating blood pressure and cholesterol levels. Furthermore, guava’s abundance of nutrients, including vitamins A and E, promotes skin health and may contribute to a radiant complexion. With its delightful taste and numerous health advantages, guava stands as a delicious and nutritious addition to a well-balanced diet – a very delicious drinks!
The right way to consume Guavas (as per ayurveda)
Here are some Ayurvedic recommendations for consuming guava:
- Timing: Ayurveda often stresses the importance of considering the time of day for optimal digestion. Consume this fruit as a snack between meals, as this helps avoid interference with the digestion of other foods.
- Avoid Mixing: Ayurveda suggests avoiding the simultaneous consumption of fruits with dairy products or heavy foods. Therefore, consume guava separately from milk or heavy meals to support proper digestion.
- Seasonal Variation: Ayurveda recognizes the significance of eating fruits that are in season. Consume guavas when they are in season, as people believe they have the most balanced and beneficial effects during that time.
- Ayurvedic Preparations: Ayurvedic medicines include guava at times. For example, herbal formulations use their leaves for their potential health benefits, including managing digestive issues.
Do check these delicious beverages to try this summer-
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Chili Guava Juice/ Peru Pyala
- 1 liter Ready Guava Juice check recipe
- 3 tbsp Lemon Juice / Nimbu Ka Ras
- 1.5 tbsp Sugar / Chini
- 1 Green chili/hari mirch Optional
- 15 Fresh Mint Leaves/ Pudina
- 1 tsp Pink Salt/ Kala Namak
- to taste Salt / Namak
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder/ Laal Mirch *
- 3/4 tsp Roasted Cumin Powder / Jeera Powder
To Garnish the glass rim
- 1 tsp Sugar / Chini
- 1/2 tsp Pink Salt/ Kala Namak
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- You can make this peru pyala with either ready juava juice or will make with fresh guava fruit- just grind 5 chopped guava's with some water in the mixer jar and then strain the juice to remove the seeds. Now dilute the thick juice with some chilled water . The juice should be slightly thick not too watery. OR use canned guava juice
- Crush mint leaves and green chili with morter and pestle and add in the juice.
- Add sugar, lemon juice ,red chili powder salt and cumin powder in the juice and mix it well. (quantity of chili will be adjusted as per taste)
- Rub the serving glass rim with a lemon wedge.
For garnishing the serving glass.
- Mix the sugar, pink salt and chili powder in a plate
- Dip the glass in the mixture and gently rotate so the dry mix stick to the glass rim.
- Add few ice cubes in the serving glass and then gently pour the prepared juice in it.
- Serve immediately.