Fresh Aam Panna /Raw Mango and Mint Cooler -a very delicious ,tangy healthy beverage made with raw mango,sugar and mint
Fresh Aam Panna is a very healthy and traditional summer cooler .This refreshing and quite easy to make drink is made with raw mangoes, mint leaves, sugar,roasted cumin and black salt.it is made specially during summer to beat the heat. Raw mango,watermelon ,melon ,grapes have cooling properties so advised to consume daily during summer.
Nature provide all the healthy benefits and essential mineral and vitamins needed in all seasonal fruits . So we should always consume the seasonal fruits one way or the another They keep our body cool and re hydrated. we can have the fruits directly or make squash, sharbat, pickles ,chutneys ,desserts with the delicious summer fruits.
From my childhood I have seen my mom and grandmother making aam ka panna regularly during summer. As soon as the raw mango/kairi start arriving in the market the aam panna and Aam ki launji become regular in our kitchen.
What is Aam Panna
Fresh Aam panna is a very delicious tangy summer cooler made with boiled raw mangoes, fresh mint leaves,roasted cumin,black salt and sugar. It is very refreshing and have cooling properties . It is advised to consume it regularly during hot summer season . Aam panna is an excellent and instant thirst quencher ,great way to beat the heat, known for it’s cooling effects and prevent from heat strokes and heat exhaustion
How To Make Delicious Aam ka Panna
To make Aam Panna choose good quality round fleshy raw mangoes . Choose the variety which is tart in taste.
You can make this sharbat by-
A- boiling the whole raw mango and then peeling and mashing the pulp.
B- Microwave the raw mango with some water and micro on high for about 10-15 minutes depending on the size of the raw mango.
C- you can roast the raw mango on direct flame and char grill it and then peel and mash the pulp.
D- you can peel and chop the raw mango and then pressure cook with some water and then blend with a hand blender.
Tips and Variations of Making Aam ka Panna-
- Addition of fresh mint leaves are optional ,you can add or make without adding mint.
- You can make it sweet by just adding sugar, saffron and cardamom powder.
- You can make it thick without adding any water and add water only while serving.
- You can add jaggary or brown sugar instead of refined sugar but then the colour and taste will be slightly different.
- you can either grind the raw mango into a smooth paste or grind to a coarse and slightly chunky paste as per your preference.
- you can make it thick and serve as a dip or chutney with snacks or with your meal( my mom often serve it with snacks and as a side dish with meal)
- The quantity of sugar should be adjusted according to the tartness of raw mango or according to your taste preference.
Aam Panna Concentrate-
You can make this fresh raw mango panna OR make it in a concentrated form as an squash and bottle and use through out the year. This way you can make and enjoy instant aam panna when ever required . For making aam panna concentrate you have to make thick sugar syrup and then add the boiled and mashed mango pulp, crushed mint leaves and spices in that syrup, mix well and store in a glass bottle.
I have already shared the recipe of making aam panna concentrate- check here – Aam Panna Concentrate
Try these Delicious beverages-
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
- 400 gms Raw Mango/ kachcha Aam 2 medium size
- 3/4 cup Sugar/ Chini
- 1 cup Fresh Mint Leaves/ Pudina
- 3.5 tsp Black Salt/ Kala Namak
- 2.5 tsp Roasted Cumin/Bhuna pisa jeera
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper/kali mirch powder optional
- Wash the raw mangoes and then pressure cook with 2 cups of water for 2 whistles. OR cook in a pan with enough water till they become soft OR steam cook in the pressure cooker
- Now remove the mangoes from the cooker and let them cool down completely.
- Remove the peel ,take out the pulp and discard the seed.
- Grind mint leaves using the water in which you have boiled the raw mangoes.
- Now take a big bowl or a tall jug and add 2 cups of water ,the boiled raw mango pulp and the water in which you have added mint and all the spices.
- Now using a hand blender mix everything to make a smooth mixture(you can keep it sight chunky if you wish, I prefer it slightly chunky.
- Fill it in a glass bottle and keep refrigerated.
- How To serve- Add few ice cubes in the glass ,now fill it 2/3 with aam panna and then pour chilled water and stir well.
- Garnish- Rub the glass rim with lemon slice and dip in kashmiri chili powder and black salt mix, Garnish with few fresh mint leaves