Tomato poori -Flavorful pooris made with tomato puree and mint leaves
Tomato poori- This tomato poori recipe is a very easy and delicious recipe specially for kids. Kids loves the tangy flavour of tomatoes in chips and snacks. So I thought of making tomato flavour poore’s and they are an instant hit at my place.
Every one in my family loves these tomato poori’s. I have used ready tomato puree but you can use home made tomato puree or even use tomato ketchup and some puree to make the dough.
Addition of mint leaves is optional but it gives a nice flavour in the poori’s. You can substitute methi leaves with mint leaves or just use chopped coriander leaves.
These poori’s taste good with some chutney ,pickle and a cup of garam chai !
Do try these Delicious recipes-
- 1.5 cup Whole Wheat Flour / Atta
- 1/4 cup Semolina / Sooji
- 1.5 tbsp Fresh Mint / Hara Pudina chopped
- 1 cup Tomato puree thick
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- Baking Soda a pinch
- 1 tbsp Cooking Oil
- Salt / Namak a pinch
- In a big bowl mix wheat flour,semolina,salt,chili powder,oil,salt,baking soda and mint leaves
- Now add tomato puree in the wheat flour mixture and make a medium stiff dough. Add few tsp of water if needed
- Cover and rest the dough for 10 minutes
- Now make small balls from the dough and dust with flour and roll to make medium thick pooris
- Heat oil in a deep pan and gently slide the poori in the hot oil.
- After adding in the oil ,reduce the heat to medium and gently press the poori from one side with a slotted spoon,it helpes to puff up the poori.
- Fry from both the sides till golden in colour,remove from the pan and drain on a paper napkin.
- Serve hot or cold.
1-You may add chopped fresh fenugreek or coriander leaves instead of mint leaves.