Rajgiri ki poori- Amaranth flour bread with cumin spiced potatoes-food for fasting
Rajgiri ki poori- Most of the flours flours used during Fasting and Navratri are gluten free .-Rajgiri/Amaranth flour,Kuttu ka ataa/Buckwheat flour, Sabudana /sago, Samu/ Barnyarn Millet, Singhora /water chestnut flour are few among the favorite fasting foods.today I am posting the very popular fasting food-Rajgiri ki poori
Rajgiri flour is gluten free so we need to add some kind of starch for binding the flour. I have added boiled mashed potatoes but you can also add boiled arbi/taro root or boiled raw banana for binding.
All the tuber vegetables are used during fasting days i.e Potato,Sweet potato/shakar kand,Taro root/Arbi ,Yam/suran ,Pumpkin /kaddu are the widely used vegetables.
If you are looking for more fasting recipes/vrat ka khana then do check-
Rajgiri Ki Poori With Jeera Aloo- Fasting Recipe
- 1.5 cup Amaranth Flour / Rajgiri Atta
- 1/2 cup Taro root/Arbi boiled and mashed
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
- 3/4 tsp Pepper powder -3/4 tsp
- to taste Salt- to taste
- to fry Cooking oil/Ghee
- In a big and wide bowl add all the ingredients.
- Mix and mash well ,then add water and make a medium soft dough.
- Cover and rest for 5 minutes.
- Knead the dough and make small balls of equal size.
- Dust the balls with rajgiri flour and roll to make medium thick pooris/discs.
- If you have difficality in rolling the pooris then place the dough ball between two greased thick plastice sheets and then roll.
- Heat oil /ghee in a deep pan ,when become hot then gently slide the rolled poori in medium hot oil.
- Press gently with a slotted spoon ,so it will puff nicely.
- Fry from both sides till golden in colour.
- Drain on a paper napkin and serve hot
Serving suggestions-serve Poori with jeera aloo,yoghurt or raita.
*you may substitute boiled taro root with boiled potato to make rajgiri poori