Palak Poori – Indian deep fried puffs made with spinach,wheat flour and spices
Palak Poori is a healthy and colourful variation of normal plain white poories. These pooris are made with blanched spinach puree added in the dough ,which gives a beautiful green colour to the fried poori.
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Palak Poori / Spinach Poori
- 2 cup Whole Wheat Flour / Atta
- 1/2 cup Semolina / Sooji
- 1 bunch Spinach /palak 150 gms
- 10 Fresh Mint Leaves/ Pudina
- 3 Green Chillies / Hari Mirch
- 1 Boiled potato optional
- 1/2 tsp Ginger / Adrak grated
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 1/4 Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 1/2 Salt / Namak
- Wash spinach,mint and green chillies.
- Boil 1 glass water in a pan with 1/2 tsp sugar ,when water start boiling ,add spinach and cook for 1/2 minute or till it wilt and change its colour.
- Take out spinach from the pan, wash and refresh in ice cold water.
- Add spinach,green chilli,ginger and mint leaves in the mixer jar and grind to make a smooth paste.
- Take wheat flour and semolina in a bowl then add boiled and mashed potato,salt and oil and mix well.
- Add spinach puree, mix and make a hard dough,add little water only if needed.
- Cover and rest for 15 minutes.
- Make small balls from the dough.dust with flour and roll to make medium thick poori’s
- Heat oil in a deep pan and deep fry poori’s on medium heat.drain on a tissue paper
- Serve hot with curd,pickle or any curry of your choice