Daal ki poori/ -Mildly spiced lentil puffs -speciality of Northern India
Daal poori, is a speciality of Uttar Pradesh and Rajasthan.
Khasta kachori’s are made with spicy urad daal stuffing,and dal poori /bedvi /Bedai is the easy and quick version of kachori in which ground dal paste,spices and flour are mixed together to make the dough,but both -kachori and daal poori taste equally delicious.This is served with thin and spicy potato curry and sweet and sour pumpkin but at some places they also serve it with spicy choley/chana masala .This daal poori is so delicious that you can enjoy it with just pickle and a cup of tea.
I have posted Moong daal ki Khasta kachori which are equally delicious and you can try these bedmi pooris with and U.P style thin aloo curry/Mathura ke dubki wale aloo .
prep time-10 min
cooking time-10 min
- White urad dal (white lentil)-1 cup
- Refined flour-2.5 cup
- Semolina-1/2 cup
- Green chili-3
- Ginger-1 tbls
- Coarse Fennel powder-1.5 tbsp
- Chili powder-1.5 tsp
- Coriander powder-1.5 tsp
- Asafoetida-3/4 tsp
- Garam masala-1 tsp
- Oil-2 tbsp
- Water-1/2 cup
- Wash and soak urad daal in 2.5 cup water for 5 hours.
- Drain, wash and grind into a fine paste with green chilies and ginger and approx 1/2 cup water
- Take a bowl add wheat flour,semolina,2 tbsp oil and all the spices.
- Mix well,now add the daal paste and mix and then add little water (if needed)make a medium stiff dough.
- Cover and rest for 15 minutes.
- Make small balls from the dough and roll to make medium thick pooris.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry from both sides on medium flame,till nicely golden in colour.
- Serve hot .
Serving suggestions-best served with potato curry,dahi ke aloo and pumpkin curry