Paneer kheer- An Quick ,easy and delicious dessert made with milk and cottage cheese
Paneer kheer – Cheena kheer/ paneer payasam or Paneer kheer is a Bengali delicacy . Bengali’s made awesome desserts with cottage cheese and this is the most easiest dessert with cottage cheese or paneer.
If you want to make make a quick and delicious dessert then this paneer kheer is surely worth trying. The list of ingredients is quite small as you just need just some milk and paneer.
You can use store brought paneer /cottage cheese or make you own paneer but I suggest making paneer at home as some times the store brought paneer was not that fresh or it may contain some salt as preservative and in that case some times the paneer kheer may curdle so if possible make paneer at home with fresh milk.
The paneer kheer recipe is quite easy, just boil the milk at low heat till it reduce to half then add sugar and paneer and simmer for 5 minutes ,add cardamom and nuts and your delicious panner kheer is ready to serve .You can serve it warm or chilled but I prefer it chilled .
Paneer and milk both are rich in calcium so very good for bone and heart health .addition of nuts and saffron add the richness and nutrition.so its a healthy and delicious dessert which can be made very easily and kids loved this dessert.
You can adjust the thickness by adding some less or more paneer into it.Its a fool proof recipe which can be made successfully and a hit recipe every time .You can also make this for fasting during Navratri , Janmashtmi ,Ekadashi fasting days .If you want to try other paneer recipes then do trythese recipes- Rasmalai Recipe, Kalakand Recipe, Sweet and Sour Paneer, Paneer Butter Masala and many more recipes from my blog.
Looking for more kheer recipes then do try-
How To Make Paneer Kheer, Paneer Kheer Recipe
- 3 liter Full fat Milk
- 3/4 cup Sugar / Chini
- 3/4 tsp Cardamom Powder / Elaichi Powder
- 12 Pistachio / Pista
- 10 Almonds / Badam
- Pinch Saffron / Kesar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- In a heavy bottom pan add 1.5 liter milk and let it simmer till it become half in quantity.
- In a separate pan add the remaining 1.5 liter milk and let it come to a boil.
- Now mix lemon juice with 2 tsp water and add in the boiling milk.
- The milk will curdle now after adding the lemon juice.
- Now pour the curdled milk in a big strainer lined with a muslin cloth and let the whey completely drain from the paneer.
- Now keep the strainer under running water and wash the paneer well so all the traces of lemon juice get washed else the kheer may curdle due to the lemon juice so this step should be followed well.
- Now tie the paneer in the muslin cloth and put some weight over it to remove the excess water from the paneer
- When the milk reduced to half then add saffron and sugar and give it a boil.
- Then add the crumbled or grated paneer in the milk and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Now add cardamom powder and remove it from the heat.
- Pour the kheer in the serving bowl and garnish with chopped nuts and rose petals.
- Serve warm or chilled and enjoy your delicious Paneer ki kheer !