Egg-less Soft moist and delicious Carrot cake
Carrot Cake-As the Christmas is coming near every body is in holiday spirit and busy in baking cakes and baked goodies.I have not done baking from a long time as my children are now diet conscious and avoid eating sugary and fatty foods so I have to think many times before make such things because I was the one who have to finish all the sweet stuff, anyways its Christmas time now and I cant resist baking a simple cake at least.
Initially I was confused to choose which cake should I bake a Eggless Fruit and Nut cake or a Orange Tutti frutti cake .The beautiful looking Pineapple upside down cake is my daughters favourite but I cooks it often.I have not tried a carrot cake though I was planning to bake it from some time so after searching the net for an eggless recipe I come up with this recipe and tried this cake which turned out moist and delicious !
I have done a simple cream cheese frosting on it but you can serve it without frosting or do any frosting of your choice.
Eggless Carrot Cake
- 2 cup Refined Flour / Maida
- 1.5 cup Carrot / Gajar grated
- 1.25 cup Sugar / Chini
- 1.5 cup Yogurt / Dahi
- 1/2 cup sunflower oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1/3 tsp Cinnamon /daalchini
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/3 tsp Baking Soda
- pinch Salt / Namak
- 3 tbsp Walnuts / Akhrot chopped
- 1/4 cup Whole Milk / Doodh
For Cream Cheese Frosting
- 115 gms Cream cheese
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 cup Icing sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence or any fruit essence
- Preheat your oven at 180 degree C for 10 minutes.
- Sieve together refined flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon powder.
- In another bowl add oil, yogurt, powdered sugar and 2 tbsp of milk and mix well till the sugar dissolves completely.
- Now add vanilla essence and grated carrots and mix it.
- Keep adding little refined flour mixture at a time and keep mixing till all the flour incorporate in the mixture .
- You can add little milk if needed.the batter should not be too thick.
- Now add chopped walnuts and mix gently.
- Pour the batter in a greased cake tin and tap gently to level it and to remove the air bubbles.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes.
- Check by inserting a tooth oick in the center ,if it came out clean then its done ,else cook further for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and rest atleast for 10 minutes.
- Now unmould and let it cool down completely on the wire rack .
- In a bowl add cream cheese and butter (both should be soft and on room temperature )
- Beat with a whisk to make it soft and smooth.
- Add sugar and whisk again till it become fluffy and smooth.
- Add vanilla essence (you can also add lemon essence ) and mix it well.
- when your cake cool down comopletely then apply frosting over it ,else it melt and become runny after some time. so do rememember to let it cool down or better if you apply frosting next day.
- Apply frosting on top and then fill the left over frosting in a piping bag and using a star nozzle make florets on the sides and one in a middle.
- Crush some walnuts finely and sprinkle in the middle empty space.
- Put a cherry in the middle floret to garnish.
- Slice and enjoy your carrot cake !