Mawa gujiya – gujiya stuffed with sweet mawa and dry fruits ,a holi special sweet preparation
HAPPY HOLI TO YOU ALL!!!!
- Refined flour-1.5 cup
- Melted ghee or oil- 5 t.s
- Baking powder-1/4 t.s
- Khoya (mawa)-1 cup
- Sugar-1/2 cup
- Dessicated or grated dry coconut-4 tbls
- Crushed mix nuts-4 tbls
- Cardamom powder-1/2 t.s
- Poppy seeds-3tbls
- Roast mawa in a nonstick pan for 2 minutes or till become light brown in colour (you can skip this step if you are not making in big quantity).take out in a bowl and let it cool down.
- Dry roast poppy seeds in a pan.
- Take refined flour in a bowl ,add ghee or oil in it and mix well.
- Now add enough water to make a medium soft dough.
- Rest the dough for 20 minutes.
- Add sugar, nuts, poppy seeds, coconut and cardamom powder in the khoya(mawa) and mix well.
- Make small balls from the dough and roll out small poori’s from it.
- Apply little water on the edges of the poori.
- Take 1.5 t.s stuffing and put in the centre of the poori and fold it like a half moon.
- Press the edges nicely with your fingers ,then press the sides with a fork to seal the edges and to give a nice pattern.
- Heat oil or ghee in a pan ,fry gujhiya’s on medim flame till golden brown in colour.
- Drain on a tissue paper and store when cool down completly
Mawa Gujiya /Meethi Gujhiya
Gujiya stuffed with mawa and dry fruits
Servings: 10 people