Mawa gujiya – gujiya stuffed with sweet mawa and dry fruits ,a holi special sweet preparation
HAPPY HOLI TO YOU ALL!!!!
- Refined flour-1.5 cup
- Melted ghee or oil- 5 t.s
- Baking powder-1/4 t.s
- Khoya (mawa)-1 cup
- Sugar-1/2 cup
- Dessicated or grated dry coconut-4 tbls
- Crushed mix nuts-4 tbls
- Cardamom powder-1/2 t.s
- Poppy seeds-3tbls
- Roast mawa in a nonstick pan for 2 minutes or till become light brown in colour (you can skip this step if you are not making in big quantity).take out in a bowl and let it cool down.
- Dry roast poppy seeds in a pan.
- Take refined flour in a bowl ,add ghee or oil in it and mix well.
- Now add enough water to make a medium soft dough.
- Rest the dough for 20 minutes.
- Add sugar, nuts, poppy seeds, coconut and cardamom powder in the khoya(mawa) and mix well.
- Make small balls from the dough and roll out small poori’s from it.
- Apply little water on the edges of the poori.
- Take 1.5 t.s stuffing and put in the centre of the poori and fold it like a half moon.
- Press the edges nicely with your fingers ,then press the sides with a fork to seal the edges and to give a nice pattern.
- Heat oil or ghee in a pan ,fry gujhiya’s on medim flame till golden brown in colour.
- Drain on a tissue paper and store when cool down completly
Mawa Gujiya /Meethi Gujhiya
Gujiya stuffed with mawa and dry fruits
Servings: 10 people
@Amna you can get mawa from any Indian sweet shop,i got from Puranmal resaurent in Bur DUbai
I am not able to find mawa in dubai.please tell me where can we get mawa in dubai and sharjah?
the first important step is -to add enough ghee or oil in the flour/maida,and to fry gujhiya – first add in medium hot oil and then lower the flame and fry till golden and crisp.if you fry on high heat then it will surely become soft after some time.and if less moyan/ghee is added then it will not become crispy.so try these 2 tips and you will get nice and crisp gujhiys:)
jhanvi thakur says
everytime i make gujia they turn out soft like pooris and don't stay more then a day. kindly suggest something
Preeti Garg says
perfectly cooked gujiya…thanks for linking this recipe with my event
Pasta And Paratha says
perfect for the festival of holi!
love these yummy gujiyas..looks yumm
wish u a very happy holy :).. the gujiya are very tempting!
Ongoing Event: I'm a STAR
Gujiyas look so nice…..mouthwatering preparation
Achu's Amma's Kitchen says
looks simple cute and awesome
yummy n crunchy snack….
I am also celebrate holi with Gujiya. Gujiya looks superb. Happy holi.
My First Event-SPOTLIGHT:"COLOURFUL HOLI" .
Gujiyas look simply awesome. A very happy holi to you and your family.
Happy Holi, love the gujiyas..
Awesome Recipe Dear..Bookmarking it to try soon..
man u remind me of my mom's cooking. she wud make these dishes when she was able to do. now she is old cant cook for herself much but there is so much of similarity in what u cook here and what she cooks.. maayeka is apt name here