Thandai Recipe – A very healthy and refreshing drink made with milk,nuts and whole spices
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
How to make Thandai, Kesariya Thandai
- 1.5 liter Whole Milk / Doodh ( Full Cream)
- 30 Almonds / Badam
- 20 Pistachio / Pista
- 2 tbsp Fennel Seeds / Saunf
- 2 tbsp Peppercorns / Sabut Kali Mirch
- 2 tbsp Green Cardamom / Hari Elaichi
- 2 tsp Poppy seeds /khaskhas (optional)
- 2 tbsp Gulkand/Rose petal preserve
- Saffron / Kesar few strands (soaked in milk)
- 1 cup Sugar / Chini (or according to taste)
- 1 tin Cream Nestle ( Optional )
- Soak almonds, pista, and poppy seeds in a bowl with 1/2 cup water for 2 hours
- Soak black peppers, fennel seeds and cardamom in seperate bowl. for 2-3 hours
- Boil the milk,add sugar and saffron and let it cool down completly then chill it.
- Grind black peppers,fennel and cardamom in the mixer,(make a fine paste) using 1 cup of water,then add 1 cup of milk and strain through a muslin cloth or with a fine strainer.through away the residue and keep the stained juice.
- Now grind the almond, pista, poppy seeds and gul kand in the mixer using 1 cup of milk,and keep aside.
- Take chilled milk in a big bowl,add both the juices (almond paste and pepper, fennel juice)and cream.
- Mix well, add ice cubes and serve chilled.