- Cauliflower-350 gms
- Curd – 1 cup
- Milk – 1 cup
- Green chillies – 4
- Sugar – 1/2 t.s
- Green Cardamom (seeds) – 4
- Cinnamon – 1/2 inch
- Bayleaf – 2
- Cloves – 3
- Oil – 1tbls
- Salt – 1/2 t.s
- Wash and break the cauliflower in florets and wash well.
- Deep Fry/ Steam/ Microwave the florets till they are slightly cooked.
- Heat oil in a pan, add slit green chillies and whole garam masalas.
- When they become golden, add sugar and fry till it caramelized.
- Mix curd and milk well and then pour it into a pan.
- Add the cauliflower, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add salt and keep cooking uncovered till all the moisture dries up.
- Now add green coriander and cook for 1 minute.
- Serve hot with lemon wedges..
Note – If you are steaming the Cauliflower then use 2 tblsp of oil in the pan, instead of 1 tblsp
Serving Suggestions – Serve with Chapatis or Paranthas.
Malai Gobhi (Creamy Cauliflower Curry)
Servings: 3 people
What product do you mean by curd?
I am sure had a gr8 time in ur vacation. Very diff style of gobhi
Sadaf Afshan says
I'm glad you had a great time in India.Inspite of the minor hiccups ( kids' faling sick, grime,heat etc )vacations back home are always memorable…….time just seems to fly. This malai gobhi sounds yummy.I'm tired of the same old aloo gobhi recipe…….wil give this a try.
Welcome babk. Creamy yummy cauliflower curry.
My First Event – "COLOURFUL HOLI".
Vegetarian Surprises says
looks yummy…I sometimes cook gobi in cream but this looks different ..thanks for the recipe.
Sobha Shyam says
welcome back 🙂 lovely preparation, gobi looks delicious 🙂
Join the Just "4" Fun event 🙂
kitchen queen says
yummy and droolworthy sabzi
Vimitha Anand says
Nice creamy recipe…
Hi. That's such a mild and aromatic version. I make something quite similar and would love to try this now.
MARCH EVENT, ‘ONLY’- SOUTH INDIAN & COOKBOOK GIVEAWAY
yummy recipe and welcome back dear. hope u had great stay back home in india
Glad 2 c u back……..Missed your recipes too these days.
Yummy cauliflower curry…..
Balvinder Ubi says
I hope you had a nice trip. The weather is always during this time of the year.
The cauliflower recipe with milk sauce looks yummy.
Different and delicious..
Sounds delicious, quite different recipe 🙂