Pineapple sandesh- A delicious dessert from the state of Bengal, made with cottage cheese and pineapple..
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TUSHAR!!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TUSHAR!!!!
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayek
You can also follow me on Pinterest , Facebook , Twitter and Instagram for more delicious recipes and updates
A delicious dessert from the state of Bengal, made with cottage cheese and pineapple..
Servings: 4 people
- 1 liter Fresh Milk
- 3 tbsp Sugar / Chini
- 3 drop Pineapple Essence
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice / Nimbu Ka Ras
- 6 Mint Leaves
- 6 Tutti Frutti pieces
- Boil the milk and remove the cream (malai) from it and boil once again
- In a cup, mix lemon juice with 2 tblsp of water.When the milk start boiling again, add the lemon juice mix and stir. If the milk does not start curdling, then add some more lemon juice to it.
- When the milk has curdled completely then pour it in a soft muslin cloth.
- Pour enough cold water to cool it down and remove the traces of lemon juice mixture.Hold the cloth tightly and squeeze well to remove all the water from it..
- Then take the curdled milk solids in a big plate and rub with your palms for 5-7 minutes to smoothen it.
- Add powdered sugar,1.5 tbsp finely chopped pineapple pieces and mix gently.
- Now heat a nonstick pan and add this mixture to it and cook on slow heat for 3 minutes.
- Take it out in the plate and let it cool down to room temperature.Add pineapple essence and rub again with your palm for 3 minutes.
- Now grease your hands and make balls from the mixture .Flatten slightly from the top and garnish with 2,3 thin pieces of pineapple, mint leaves and tutti frutti or cherries
- Refrigerate for 1 hour and then serve.
You can use ready made paneer and skip the steps- from1 to7
@Anonymous-may be you nave not removed the water completely from the paneer,now add some cornflour and steam them in a idli stand for 15 minutes.
IT TURNED OUT TOO SOFT, DID
NOT GET SHAPED INTO BALLS, ANY IDEAS?
Beautiful sandesh..glad to follow you!
Malar Gandhi says
Awesome presentation, love sandesh…kind of fix it often…but this is new to me, will try this version for sure, thanks for sharing, dear:)
Stunning presentation and beautiful sandesh.
Kalpana Sareesh says
beautifully presented n such an yumm sandhesh..
Sadaf Afshan says
Lovely presentation. Sandesh is one of my childhood favorites.Pineapple is a nice twist to it.
Aruna Manikandan says
I have never tasted this.. looks very nice 🙂
Ongoing Event : WTML
Super delicious sandesh! lovely presentation and I am sure you make Tushar Birthday more special with such wonderful sweet!
Looks lovely. Birthday wishes to Tushar too.
wow….what a fabulous presentation….yummy sweet too….
What a beautiful presentation… great work
Hamaree Rasoi says
Delightful presentation of the sandesh. Must have tasted yummy.
nice presentation and recipe.. feels like having it
Very flavorful and yummy sandesh. Presentation also so good…
My Event-SPOTLIGHT:"HEALTHY BREAKFAST IDEAS" .