Mooli Ka Achar – A spicy ,tangy and instant pickle made from radish / daikon ,oil and Indian spices
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Mooli ka Achar (Radish Pickle)
- 300 gms Radish/ Mooli
- 3 tbsp Split Mustard seeds/Rai kuria
- 1.5 tbsp Fennel Seeds / Saunf crushed
- 1.5 tsp Red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 1.5 tsp Salt / Namak
- 1/2 cup Mustard Oil / Sarson ka tel
- 1 tsp White Vinegar / Sirka
- Peel and chop radish into medium thick slices,roundels or cubes(or any shape you want)
- Add salt, turmeric and rai kuria. cover and keep aside for 8 hours or over night .
- heat mustard oil and then let it come to room temperature.
- Next day add chili powder,fennel seeds,vinegar and oil in the pickle
- Cover with a muslin cloth and let it mature for at least 3-4 days at room temperature
- Keep mixing in between.start using after 4-5 days (or when it become sour).keep refrigerated after 10 days in summer. In winter's it stays longer at room temperature for approx 15 days.
- If you cover it with oil till the top then no need to keep it refrigerated.