Cheesy Corn and Spinach Bake
Servings: 6 people
- 50 grams Refined Flour / Maida
- 50 grams Maize Flour / Makki Ka Atta
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 50 grams Yogurt / Dahi
- 1 tsp Green chili paste
- 2 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp Mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup Full fat Milk (1/2 cup to 3/4 cup ( approx))
- 1.5 tbsp Tomato Ketchup
- 1 cup Spinach chopped
- 1/2 cup Corn Kernels / Makai Dana boiled
- 2 tsp Jalapeno's chopped
- 2 tsp Black Olives / Kaale Zeitoun sliced
- Salt / Namak to taste
- Mix and sieve together refined flour,corn meal, baking powder and salt in a big bowl.
- In a separate bowl, add soft butter and yoghurt and mix it well.
- Now add green chili paste,chopped jalepeno,paprika, ketchup in the yogurt mixture and mix well.
- Add flour mixture in the yogurt mix .
- Add milk,mozzrella and cheddar cheese and mix well.
- Now add chopped spinach,corn kernals,oregano and little salt in the mixture.
- The mixture should be of smooth consistency.
- Pour the mixture in a greased baking tin and put some sliced olives and fresh red chilies on it to garnish.
- Bake in a preheated oven on 180 degree for approx 40-50 minutes.(check by inserting a tooth pick,if it comes out clean,it is done,otherwise bake for few more minutes,don’t overdo otherwise it will become dry)
- Remove from the oven after 5 minutes and let it cool down slightly
- Cut into squares and serve hot with ketchup or any tangy or sour dip
That's an innovative dish.. Looks delectable 🙂
Beautiful pictures..looks delicious…
Amrita Vishal says
very interesting, love the presentation
Wonderful recipe, without cream and soy. Thanks a ton!!
Priya Suresh says
Healthy and delicious bake, loved this savoury one.
Such a interesting combination.. Looks healthy and delicious..
Sapana Behl says
Looks so elegant and tasty..
Santosh Bangar says
innovative crisy cheesy cake
Sowmya Madhavan says
Kalpana Sareesh says
Venisri Senthan says
Meena B says
now this is something new and cute
wud love to try this