Baked corn,spinach and cheese squares
Prep time-15 min
baking time-approx 40 min
- Refined flour/Maida-50 gms
- Corn meal /Makki ka atta-50 gm
- Baking powder-1/2 tsp
- Butter-2 tbsp
- Yogurt-50 gms
- Green chili paste- 1tsp
- Paprika-2 tsp
- Oregano-1/2 tsp
- Cheddar cheese-1/4 cup
- Mozzarella cheese-2 tbsp
- Milk-1/2 to 3/4 cup
- Tomato ketchup-1.5 tbsp
- Spinach ,chopped-1 cup
- Boiled corn -1/2 cup
- Jalapeno,chopped-2 tsp
- Black olive,sliced-2 tsp
- Salt-to taste
- Mix and sieve together refined flour,corn meal, baking powder and salt in a big bowl.
- In a separate bowl, add soft butter and yoghurt and mix it well.
- Now add green chili paste,chopped jalepeno,paprika, ketchup in the yogurt mixture and mix well.
- Add flour mixture in the yogurt mix .
- Add milk,mozzrella and cheddar cheese and mix well.
- Now add chopped spinach,corn kernals,oregano and little salt in the mixture.
- The mixture should be of smooth consistency.
- Pour the mixture in a greased baking tin and put some sliced olives and fresh red chilies on it to garnish.
- Bake in a preheated oven on 180 degree for approx 40-50 minutes.(check by inserting a tooth pick,if it comes out clean,it is done,otherwise bake for few more minutes,don’t overdo otherwise it will become dry)
- Remove from the oven after 5 minutes and let it cool down slightly
- Cut into squares and serve hot with ketchup or any tangy or sour dip.
Cheesy Corn and Spinach Bake
Servings: 6 people