Cheesy Corn and Spinach Bake
Servings: 6 people
- 50 grams Refined Flour / Maida
- 50 grams Maize Flour / Makki Ka Atta
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 50 grams Yogurt / Dahi
- 1 tsp Green chili paste
- 2 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp Mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup Full fat Milk (1/2 cup to 3/4 cup ( approx))
- 1.5 tbsp Tomato Ketchup
- 1 cup Spinach chopped
- 1/2 cup Corn Kernels / Makai Dana boiled
- 2 tsp Jalapeno's chopped
- 2 tsp Black Olives / Kaale Zeitoun sliced
- Salt / Namak to taste
- Mix and sieve together refined flour,corn meal, baking powder and salt in a big bowl.
- In a separate bowl, add soft butter and yoghurt and mix it well.
- Now add green chili paste,chopped jalepeno,paprika, ketchup in the yogurt mixture and mix well.
- Add flour mixture in the yogurt mix .
- Add milk,mozzrella and cheddar cheese and mix well.
- Now add chopped spinach,corn kernals,oregano and little salt in the mixture.
- The mixture should be of smooth consistency.
- Pour the mixture in a greased baking tin and put some sliced olives and fresh red chilies on it to garnish.
- Bake in a preheated oven on 180 degree for approx 40-50 minutes.(check by inserting a tooth pick,if it comes out clean,it is done,otherwise bake for few more minutes,don’t overdo otherwise it will become dry)
- Remove from the oven after 5 minutes and let it cool down slightly
- Cut into squares and serve hot with ketchup or any tangy or sour dip